Mechanical Services Engineer Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Mechanical Services Engineer position will report to the Manufacturing Services area lead in the Vaccine Manufacturing Facility (VMF) and will share ownership of overall maintenance performance for equipment in the facility. The VMF team is responsible for both operation and maintenance of process and process support equipment utilized in the vaccine manufacturing process (which includes media and sterile component preparation, formulation, filling, lyophilization, and vial inspection). Although this position will not directly manage maintenance technicians, the successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the shifts. The role will include maintenance execution oversight and coaching as needed, and it should include hands-on maintenance support for complex troubleshooting and repairs when they occur.
Other specific responsibilities for this position will include but not be limited to:
• Provide overall ownership of maintenance program for assigned area or equipment (within CMMS system)
• Assist with complex troubleshooting, problem solving, and repairs
• Coordinate preventative and corrective maintenance work with technicians on the floor including shutdown planning
• Drive continuous improvement of maintenance program including reliability, efficiency, and effectiveness initiatives as well as ensuring appropriate spare part inventories
• Lead small projects related to equipment in their assigned area and liaison with vendors
• Author and execute change controls related to equipment including IQ/OQ/PQ documentation
• Provide capital planning and financial stewardship for the area maintenance budget
• Support safety programs (LOTO, HECP, etc.) and environmental compliance from a maintenance perspective
• Ensure GMP performance for maintenance records, aid with compliance driven commitments, and support agency audits
• Develop and provide deep understanding of automation systems used to operate process and support equipment (Distributed Control System (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), robotics)
• Develop or update maintenance related standard operating procedures (SOPs) and preventative maintenance (PM) plans
• Demonstrate flexibility to support the needs of a 24 hour / 7 days a week operation
This position is a night time 12 hour shift position. This position is expected to work as an independent member of an integrated team focused on achieving the team’s objectives, vision, and goals.
Education Minimum Requirement:
Bachelor degree in Science, Engineering or related field
Required Experience and Skills:
•Two (2) years experience in a manufacturing environment with a responsibility for mechanical troubleshooting and repair of automated equipment
•Ability to work in a highly effective team environment and influence others
•Strong communication (written/verbal) and problem solving skills
•Ability to manage multiple priorities and advance several tasks in parallel
•Ability to work with and troubleshoot computer control equipment including Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and/or Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
•Basic computer fluency (internet browsers, e-mail, word processing)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
•Vaccine/sterile (live virus/biologics) experience
•Plant maintenance, project engineering and/or operations experience
•Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) - SAP or similar
•Experience in clean room or GMP/regulated manufacturing environment
•Experience with aseptic manufacturing equipment such as lyophilizers, sterile isolators, vial fillers, autoclaves, and automated inspection machines
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Equip. Maintenance Tech. Spec.
Job Title:Spclst, Maintenance
Primary Location: NA-US-NC-Durham
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 3rd
Hazardous Materials: Live Virus Vaccines
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, ERP, Mechanical Engineer, SAP, Engineering, Technology