Mechanical Engineering Tech / Toolmaker - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
THIS IS MONDAY - FRIDAY 8-5 SHIFT WITH A HIGH FLEXIBILITY AS TRAINING AND TROUBLESHOOTING WILL NEED TO BE DONE OCCASIONALLY ON THE NIGHT SHIFT
1. Perform critical alignments to the production equipment using precision alignment tools.
2. Improve, develop, and create precision alignment tooling for areas where it does not exist.
3. Use basic milling and turning equipment (manual mills/lathes) to create or modify tooling.
4. Determine difference between mechanical, electrical, and controls failures and work as a team with other maintenance personnel in troubleshooting, debug and repair of high-speed automated assembly equipment.
5. Mentor and train other maintenance personnel to perform alignments with precision tools.
6. Able to read, draw, and modify new and existing parts using CAD (Solidworks preferred).
7. Utilize Lock-Out Tag-Out procedures as required.
8. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
9. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
10. Other duties as assigned.
• Setup & use of precision gauges (Dial Indicator, Micrometer, Caliper, etc)
• Fabrication of fixtures & tooling (Mill, Lathe)
• Work with automated equipment and robotics
• Interpret drawings and specifications (Prefer Solidworks Experience)
• Effective written and oral communication skills (English), math skills, and interpersonal skills
• Basic computer skills (Email communication, Word)
HIgh School diploma required
Preferred skills include manufacturing experiece with highly automated equipment