This job is currently Archived,
Mechanical Engineer Southend-on-Sea United Kingdom,
Posted on : 22 March 2017
- As part of the company global manufacturing community, company's Manufacturing Business Center plays a key role in the development and manufacture of new, sophisticated medical and industrial products.
- Working with colleagues in Europe, the USA and Japan, our multi-disciplinary team of R&D engineers is fully equipped with the latest computer-aided design and modelling technologies, to enable them to develop medical workstations and fluid management products & accessories, and industrial Remote Visual Inspection devices.
- Producing world class products in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery isn't just desirable, it's essential.
- Therefore, in today's fast moving, ever changing world, we continue to invest in both our people and the latest equipment and processes to remain at the forefront in manufacturing technology.
- Mechanical & product design and development from concept through to repeated production
- Producing mechanical engineering models and drawings to relevant standards
- Review, analyse and approve the product design
- Producing product designs for repeated production with a good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Use of creative skills to generate innovate customer-orientated design solutions from concept through to repeated production
- Compile technical documentation to support the design process
- Use technical and product knowledge, along with problem solving abilities, to resolve technical and project issues
- Researching new technologies
- Conducting product risk analysis, FMEA s and value analysis activities
- Using software analysis tools to produce robust designs (e.g. FEA or CFD)
- Deliver design and development work packages to fulfil specified requirements to planned timescales and cost
- Translating inputs into robust Design Requirements
- Applying mechanical principles and methodology to generate product solutions
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical Design or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and experience in product risk management processes (ideally knowledge of the risk management standard and regulations ISO 14971 and conducted and led product risk management activities)
- Medical Device background preferred
- Applied knowledge and experience of good design practice & engineering change control, mechanical engineering principles (eg material, structures, thermal analysis, fluid analysis) and a variety of manufacturing processes (eg machining, sheet metal, injection moulding, casting and extruding) are essential
- Experience of Microsoft Office and Product Data Management (PDM) systems
The interview will be competence based and the following competencies will be assessed:
- Customer focus
- Delivering results
- Problem solving, creativity& decision making
- Project management
Southend on Sea UK
Find a Job Find Candidates