This job is currently Archived,
Mechanical Assembler - United States
Posted on : 29 May 2017
Join the Industry Leader.
- Our Systems is a leading player in the fast-growing global Life Science industry.
- We specialize in the development and production of automation solutions for the laboratory, clinical diagnostics and forensic market segments.
- We are looking for the right individual to join our Production Team
- Our ideal candidate is someone who shares our commitment to quality, integrity and innovation.
- Reporting to the Production Supervisor, and under moderate supervision, you will be expected to work from blueprints, diagrams, parts lists, and verbal instructions to perform a wide variety of mechanical assembly and fabrication operations.
- May use a variety of simple hand and power shop tools such as drills, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers and crimpers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow work instructions.
- Assemble and test a variety of electro-mechanical components, assemblies or instruments.
- Connect harnesses, valves and other electronic components to complete assemblies.
- Perform documented tests.
- Align parts and sub-assemblies and perform a variety of documented checks.
- Make visual inspections and follows checklists.
- Identify problems and bring them to the attention of the Manufacturing Engineers and/or the Supervisor.
- Document problems and solutions related to assembly.
- Check equipment for calibration status, expired materials, follows all ESD and other general housekeeping procedures.
- Follow material handling guidelines and inventory procedures, including labeling and inventory controls.
Training, experience and skill requirements:
- Two + years of related assembly or manufacturing environment experience. Detail oriented.
- Must be able to read and follow written instructions, schematics and diagrams correctly.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English - reading, writing and verbal communication.
- Able to perform shop arithmetic and measurements.
- Proficient in the use of small manual and power tools.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be able to stand and walk for a minimum of 2.5 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.