ME Mgr II - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What you'll be doing:
- Create tactic and strategic manufacturing objectives for the business unit.
- Drive favorable trends in business results through implementation of improvements in product, process, equipment and facilities.
- Day to day management of the Manufacturing/Validation and Product/Process Engineering departments, including department and capital budgeting, technical development/training, staff supervision, and resource utilization planning.
- Assign appropriate resources to New Product Implementation (NPI), Division priority projects, compliance and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Chair appropriate Review Boards.
- Assist and lead multi-function teams to execute priority projects and new product introductions. Implement new process technologies.
- Responsible for creating a culture of continuous improvement as well as identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop and monitor key engineering performance metrics.
- Provide leadership on manufacturing and quality improvements and cost reduction activities using Lean Six Sigma tools and methods.
- Guide efforts of manufacturing engineering staff in support of goals, quality systems requirements, FDA regulations, and ISO registration requirements
- Facilitate effective release of new products from R&D to manufacturing utilizing design for manufacturing techniques and project management tools.
- Recommend new technologies and capital equipment purchases to improve operations.
- Improve product reliability while reducing process cycle times and costs.
- Design, implement, and sustain key management processes of validation, maintenance, and calibration.
- Multiple plant support is required.
- Support resolution of worldwide product performance and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate science and/or engineering including, but not limited to: chemistry, micro/biology, other physical sciences, or engineering or equivalent related experience.
- Master’s Degree / MBA desirable
- 8+ years supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing or QC environment. Strong leadership abilities.
- Experience transferring products from R&D to full scale manufacturing
- Advanced knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. Ability to interpret and utilize financial and operations reports for decision making.
- Advanced knowledge and experience, but not limited to lean manufacturing, new product transfer, equipment design, process analysis, equipment maintenance, calibration systems, ERP, validation processes, and FDA GMP requirements
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better result
- EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age