Are you looking for a challenge within a dynamic global organisation or a German family business? At B. Braun you can find both. For more than 175 years and counting, B. Braun is amongst the world's top healthcare companies operating in 64 countries, with over 55,000 experts networking their knowledge every day. You can thrive in this strong culture of continuous exchange. Become a part of the B. Braun family and share your expertise. Together we improve healthcare.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
- Position Summary:
- Attends Excel injection molding and subassembly machines, makes minor adjustments, clears blockages, and maintains material supply.
- Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Checks material supply. Positions resin pallets and checks for proper loading and delivery of resin.
- Monitors machine efficiency on Stratus screen.
- Performs minor adjustments to molding or subassembly machine.
- Keeps equipment clean and clears blockages to keep machine running.
- Notifies supervisor of problems with machine or raw materials used.
- Performs other material handling functions related to the operation.
- Monitors product quality. Is familiar with measurement equipment used to assess product quality.
- Assists in performing systems start-up and shutdown.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Ability to read, write, understand, and effectively communicate job related information in English.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of plastics molding operation preferred.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, cGMP's, and OSHA regulations.
- Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous material handling and machine attendant experience preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
What we offer
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Moderate effort. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work in a clean, controlled environment.
Work in a factory; exposed to moderate noise, heat and humidity.
Exposure to moving machinery.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.