This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Reporting to the Plant Manager, plans, organizes, controls and directs the materials management function at the site which includes: raw materials and finished goods, production and inventory control, scheduling and routing, purchasing, shipping and receiving, and warehousing.
- The Materials Manager assists in the development of the annual budget process.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and controls the Purchasing and Planning Department and Warehouse, including supervision of personnel, training, career path development, and safety and quality aspects of the job.
- Coordinates all production control activities required to support business demand.
- Maintains and coordinates the effective use of SAP system.
- Ensures that overall procurement effort is achieved at competitive prices and quality standards.
- Ensures timely feedback of raw material quality problems to suppliers in coordination with the Quality Control function.
- Support the MRB Board to help in the disposition of raw materials that deviate from product specification.
- Prepares setup of new products, as well as, those being modified/deleted in SAP for MRP purposes.
- Maintains and coordinates the effective use of the MRP system, to ascertain raw materials inventory levels for an efficient manufacturing operation.
- Directs and encourage the identification, development and implementation of cost reduction opportunities and programs.
- Designs and implements Vendor Certification Programs.
- Promotes and develops new and alternate sources of supply.
- Encourages competitive bidding and establishes and maintains an annual competitive bid program.
- Develops and executes raw material inventory plans.
- Establishes lead times and inventory levels for planning/inventory control purposes.
- Coordinates and schedules shipments of finished goods in accordance with pre-sterilization requirements, ensuring product safety and at the most competitive freight rates available.
- Maintains inventory control accuracy through periodic cycle counts, full physical inventories and other methods, as necessary.
- Supervises annual physical inventories, in accordance with Company Policies and Materials Department SOP s.
- Issues, administers and maintains departmental SOP s to assure compliance with FDA, ISO 13485:2003 and D.O.T. (OSHA) Regulations.
- Lead Manufacturing efforts to achieve the volume, mix and BD Plant Goals
- Establish, monitor and evaluate Materials Department Associates IIG s.
- Facilitate Materials Department Associates Developmental Plans.
- Lead and execute Materials Department budget process.
- All other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor s Degree in Industrial Engineering or Business Administration.
- Thorough knowledge of MRPII and SAP/R3.
- Basic knowledge of GMP s and ISO 13484:2003.
- APICS or CPIM certification preferred.
- Six (6) years experience in Materials Management.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA Regulations.
Bilingual (Spanish & English)
Juncos Municipio de Juncos
Find a Job Find Candidates