The Materials Manager is an essential member of the Holdrege Plant Leadership Team. The Materials Manager will manage the functions in the Material Control operation including but not limited to: Shipping, Receiving, Warehousing, Inventory Control, Raw Materials, Scheduling, Purchasing, Sterilization, Training and Safety.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The Materials Manager will be responsible for the safety of all associates in the organization and demonstrates safe behaviors. The selected candidate will direct the production planning and scheduling with cooperation and coordination with other departments to achieve production goals. Oversees the procurement of all raw material, equipment and related items to assure adequate inventories for continuous, uninterrupted production schedules. Develops adequate controls to conform with established standards and procedures along with associated government agencies such as OSHA, EPA, FDA, Nebraska Department of Health, etc. Oversees the sterilization department safety, scheduling, processing, material handling, and shipping of product. Develops a financial analysis to achieve cost reductions within the current Material Control operation. Oversees the shipping and receiving department to assure that all raw materials and produced product are properly received, shipped, checked, warehoused, cycle counted and rotated. Selects/oversees the selection of suppliers to meet necessary production requirements that have defined measurable quality objectives. Oversees master data planning, input and accuracy of the SAP system. Prepares and monitors department budget(s). Ensure environmental tours are conducted. Establish and report on environmental goals. Ensure regulatory compliance at the local, state and federal level.
- Bachelor's degree plus 7 years of experience in one or more of the following areas is required; purchasing, production planning and scheduling, shipping and receiving, inventory control, transportation and/or warehousing. A master's degree in business plus 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas will be accepted in lieu of the 7 years of experience; purchasing, production planning and scheduling, shipping and receiving, inventory control, transportation and/or warehousing.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory or management experience required.
Position requires a thorough knowledge of purchasing, production planning and scheduling, shipping and receiving, inventory control, data processing, transportation and warehousing.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of ERP systems in general and SAP in particular.
- Must be knowledgeable in all other manufacturing operations and management responsibilities.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Associate development
- Knowledge of the business
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Strong leadership skills
- Change management
- Strong project management skills
- Computer proficiency
- Planning & organization
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations
- Problem solving & decision making
- Follow-up skills
- Six Sigma
- High performance work systems & teams
- World class manufacturing principles
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Appropriate risk-taking
- Thorough knowledge of the philosophy and principles of manufacturing management.
- Thorough knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrated proficiency in creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Uses judgment, initiative and ingenuity to accomplish broad, complex objectives or strategies that will set the direction for the Holdrege plant.