This job is currently Archived,
Material Specialist - United States
Posted on : 16 April 2017
- Our company is a leading global contract research organization, is seeking a Material Specialist to join our facilities team.
- Do you hate being spending all day at a desk and want a position that will keep you moving while allowing you to work with a variety of people?
- If so, this could be the job for you! Our 3 story facility includes a full clinic, multiple laboratories, office space and a warehouse.
- This position is responsible for ordering and ensuring availability of materials operations.
- This role also assists with the coordination of the warehouse and procurement activities including: putting away, picking up, ordering and delivery of material to internal customers.
- Facilitating the purchase requisition process using an ERP system and receiving goods into the ERP system when they arrive
- Coordinate the re-order of inventory materials to ensure availability of supply
- Requisition placement in Oracle using I procurement
- Physically receiving and placement of materials deliveries in the warehouse.
- Proactively managing of the warehouse, including date, batch sensitive and obsolete materials.
- Internal delivery of materials
- Management and replenishment of Kanbans and other point of use material systems.
- Inventory reporting using Excel and Word: cycle counting, slow moving material, and obsolesce.
- Daily housekeeping of warehouse and internal material storage locations
- Management of the internal material system
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel is required
- Previous experience of ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP
- Minimum of 2 years of college course work is highly preferred
- Logistics or supply chain experience is preferred