This job is currently Archived,
Material Handler - TEMP - United States
Posted on : 07 June 2017
- Perform various routine physical tasks involved in one or more of the following: receiving, storing, packaging, shipping or distributing of materials, parts, supplies, equipment, finished goods, label control, or serial control per work instructions.
- May unpack or check goods received against work orders, purchase orders invoices, return authorizations, or other job completion paperwork, rejecting items where necessary.
- May complete or maintain records of goods received. May quarantine items if required per work instructions.
- Performs various packaging or packing tasks, including but not limited to one or more of the following: placing labels on products or packages, counting or sorting various items, placing various printed materials in packaging and forming or breaking down boxed for final product.
- May operate foam in place, powered dunnage machinesm or other packaging or sealing equipment as instructed.
- May operate a forklift or other PIV.
- May examine stock or distribute materials in inventory and on manufacturing, production areas, packaging lines or shipping lines.
- May perform cycle counts.
- May prepare kitting orders per work instructions.
- Maintains and prepares prescribed records, reports and documentation accurately and neatly. adheres to prescribed safety and quality standards and all written procedures and work instructions. Maintains their work area in a neat and orderly manner. May participate in the training and development of other personnel.
- Demonstrated proficiency in following routine written or oral instructions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic arithmetic.
- Demonstrated proficiency with related tools and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to verbally communicate in an effective manner.
- May be required to maintain work and equipment record/documentation via electronic medium.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficient in applying basic problem solving, planning and work prioritization.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.