Material Coordinator I, Temporary - United States
The primary responsibility of this position is to learn and perform material control functions in at least one of the seven following functional areas: stock room, customer returns, receiving, shipping, backflush setup, material replenishment/maintenance and cycle counting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- All employees must display a high degree of teamwork, including completion of co-workers’ tasks. On occasion, will work in other departments.
- Monitors and reports on defects and abnormalities in quality and delivery.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature under direction of a supervisor
- Follows detailed instructions on all work and works under close supervision.
- Learns to use materials control concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Participates in daily 6S activities.
- Follows SOP’s and other standards.
- In compliance with established procedures, the position requires the completion of all tracking, inventory, processing, and safety documentation.
- Resolves any discrepancies with lead.
- Takes appropriate actions to address any defects.
- Must wear appropriate PPE in all areas.
- Data entry related tasks.
- Records areas of material waste and other activities that add costs to operations and shares that information with department managers.
- Incompliance with established procedures, the position requires the completion of all tracking, inventory, and processing and safety documentation.
- Aware of practices and processes utilizing current management tools.
- Experience preferred but not required
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to read, understands, and applies the information contained in written procedures and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs).
- Has knowledge of and is able to perform all jobs within area.
- Computer literacy and experience with all in-house applications
- Ability to learn and perform basic functionality in ERP (SAP) system.
- Company Matched 401k
- Tuition Reimbursement (Up to $5,250 per year)
- 3 Weeks Vacation plus 8 sick days
- Medical / Dental / Vision (4 plans are offered through Fallon and Aetna)
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Leadership Development (not for every position – management only)
- Green Belt / Black Belt Certification Programs – KSE
- KARL STORZ University and other training and development programs.
- Fitness Reimbursement $200
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K, company matches 60% up to 6% of your annual income
- $1,000 Referral Bonus
About the Company:
As the largest privately held medical device company in the world, KARL STORZ has achieved global preeminence in endoscopes and medical imaging devices used in minimally invasive surgery. Our dedication to employee achievement and development through effective training and our commitment to a workforce that reflects and respects global diversity and the future of the environment have allowed KARL STORZ to serve our customers for over 60 years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability .