This job is currently Archived,
Mass Spectrometry Field Application Scientist Vaughan Canada,
Posted on : 06 April 2017
Design, develop, and implement complete mass spectrometry solutions (including methods, consumables, accessories, and data analysis packages) for customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Understand customers needs and develop solutions and validated protocols using LC-MSMS technology to meet those needs.
- Develop standard operating procedures and train and support customers during the implementation phase.
- Work closely with sales, service, product management, and R&D teams to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Own the laboratory equipment and associated consumables and reagents, identify maintenance needs and ensure equipment is operational.
- Evaluate competitive publications and presentations and come up with a clear strategy to demonstrate our company s competitive edge when developing new applications for customers.
- Act as a scientific expert with intimate field knowledge to influence the product management and R&D teams during the conceptualization of new product.
- Collaborate with key opinion leaders in the Food and Environmental markets.
- Demonstrate independent and creative scientific thinking, ability in solving complex problems, and resilience to setbacks and changes.
- Be a team player and put team objectives above personal ambitions.
Job Requirements :
- Master s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry is required.
- Ph.D. is preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on mass spectrometry and chromatography method and application development experience.
- Knowledge of mass spectrometer theory and components.
- Hands on experience with triple quadruple (QQQ) and liquid chromatography (LC) systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot LC-MSMS related issues.
- Experience with food and environmental applications of mass spec.
- Passionate about delighting customers.
- Ability to dissect problems and projects into manageable tasks.
- Passionate about working in a lab developing applications to address customer needs.
- Excellent group interaction skills and negotiating skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
- Excellent presentation skills in front of internal teams, customers, and large audience (during conferences).
- Office and Lab Environment
- 20-30% Travel requirement
Woodbridge ON CA
Find a Job Find Candidates