Senior role requiring demonstrated expertise providing strategic marketing leadership for :
- R&D pipeline asset development (early and late stage), and
- External opportunity assessment, including but not limited to: competitive intelligence, positioning strategy, market access, pricing, and value-maximizing go-to-market commercial models (e.g. internal vs. external development).
- the accountability to ensure more robust input into indication launch sequencing, which targeted patient populations we wish to serve directly or via partnerships (given constraints with both investment and organizational infrastructure), the methodology to determine possible out-license assessment and partner evaluation, and the implications for maintaining “non-current scope” post-POC assets within the company;
- the development of best practices and methodologies ensure consistency of approach across pipeline assets; and
- consistency and quality overview of commercial stakeholder input, including:
- Competitive intelligence: in partnership with Competitive Foresight team, implement best practice to drive clarity on current landscape of competitive assets – and critically, how the competitive landscape will evolve and its impact on R&D asset development
- Positioning strategy: outside-in approach to develop value-maximizing asset positioning scenarios, consistent with and dependent on evolution of patient needs and competitive landscape. Includes indication prioritization (where applicable) as well as recommendations for clinical study endpoints – both clinical and non-conventional which maximize patient value
- Market access: in partnership with Market Access team, implement best practice to drive clarity on commercial implications of synergistic relationship between targeted clinical efficacy and market access implications.
- Pricing: in partnership with Pricing team and consistent with competitive intelligence, positioning & market access, advancing pricing scenarios methodologies and quality which maximize patient value
- Go-to-market commercial models: driving analysis and recommendations for value-maximizing commercial models, including: decision criteria to internally develop or externalize asset development and/or commercialization – and in the instance of externalization – the criteria, analysis and recommendations for partnership selection and timing
- Benchmarking: developing unit’s capabilities as the “go-to” organizational resource for external commercial benchmarking to enhance all marketing and strategy development efforts.
- Successful candidate must have a demonstrated track record of impact in strategy consulting for biopharma clients – and must have already successfully transitioned to industry with successive roles of increased responsibility and impact.
- A strong analytical capacity is essential, as is the facility to synthesize and integrate a comprehensive commercial package in partnership with key internal stakeholders.
- Successful candidate will have worked in multiple international markets, maintain strong links with the external ecosystem, demonstrate exceptional communications and presentations skills, and have a proven track record of successfully leading through influence in cross-cultural, matrix organizational structures to drive decision-making at governance bodies.