This job is currently Archived,
Marketing Manager Parasiticide Portfolio De Soto United States,
Posted on : 09 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy.
- Our company's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- Our company s Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
- This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
- This role is responsible for the parasiticides portfolio of the Food Production Animal Business Unit at company Animal Health.
- The Product Manager will have primary responsibility for providing strategic and executional marketing leadership for the business unit s para portfolio.
- This position will execute developing and managing all brand communication including advertising, public relations, trade programs and professional marketing. He/she will be responsible for delivering the market s annual financial plan including topline sales, spending and profit contribution.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Establish franchise business and innovation strategy in alignment with the Animal Health parasiticide strategy.
- Be the brand steward for the portfolio including Safeguard franchise, innovative new products and technologies.
- Build and develop a pipeline of para products /claims/services.
- Develop an annual market plan and prepare product launch plan for new products including pricing, A&P, etc.
- Make distributor and pricing recommendations as needed and maintain competitive product files.
- Develop all brand communications and allocation of spending. Work closely with internal support groups and outside agencies to understand customer needs and develop the most compelling marketing programs to leverage solutions.
- Work closely with sales teams to develop programs to drive sales and market share. Attend trade shows and sales meetings to maintain market contact.
- Develop and adjust unit and dollar forecasts for all products as needed to assist in inventory control.
- Manage and allocate budget spending, e.g., trade shows, advertising, departmental.
- Utilize knowledge of the para market, current and future competitors to develop the strongest potential plans and programs to grow sales and profits.
- Liaise with the Global Marketing to leverage global marketing strategies.
- Interface with Global Marketing, R&D and regulatory teams to ensure new product development is properly aligned with business requirements.
- Provide training as needed to MAH Sales team as well as Distributor sales reps.
Education Minimum Requirement:
BA/BS Degree required with 6 yrs relevant experience or MS degree with 4 years of relevant sales or marketing in the animal health industry.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of marketing management including:
- 2 years of veterinarian marketing experience in animal health and/or
- 2 years of marketing experience in the animal health industry with a wide range of marketing spending
- Experience in launching animal health products
- Experience in sales or working with a sales force
- Must possess strong financial acumen, knowledge of market research and customer
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening skills), interpersonal skills and project management skills.
- Self-starter, able to work and manage effectively in a fast paced environment
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration cross-functionally, to effective work with all functional areas within the company (Technical Services, Sales, Manufacturing, R & D,
- Regulatory, etc.)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Knowledge of the US cattle market preferred
- Our employees are the key to our company s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Segment: Law, Outside Sales, Product Development, Marketing Manager, Marketing, Legal, Sales, Research
DeSoto KS US
Find a Job Find Candidates