Marketing Manager, High Parameter Systems - United States
The role is accountable for marketing work-stream deliverables supporting line extensions and other assigned product development projects; it provides ongoing support of the Global Product Development Process (GPDS) by active engagement in peer reviews of marketing deliverables.
The candidate routinely interfaces with cross functional team resources including: Marketing associates, Finance, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Medical, R & D and Special Order Research Products (SORP) Group. S/he is expected to provide mentoring and coaching to less senior marketing associates including a direct report; assume a training leadership role in establishing general product management fundamentals and establishing, implementing and maintaining "best practices" in product management.
- Responsible for the total customer experience including, the strategic and financial performance of the product portfolio. Supports annual planning process to define and communicate global strategic, product development and operational direction for the product solution, and influences multifunctional resources to accomplish business objectives.
- Defines and drives execution of the marketing strategy, product roadmap (including lifecycle management) and priorities for responsible product offering. Develops annual and long term product roadmaps, marketing plans and launch planning in conjunction and consultation with R&D, Special Order Research Products (SORP) Group and operations management team to create robust new product pipeline that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Manages all aspects of the global portfolio positioning, pricing and brand strategies
- Accountable for working with regional marketing counterparts to develop and execute regional strategies to ensure achievement of financial/ budget expectations
- Accountable for demand management by developing recommendations on product sales forecasts and production inventory issues
- Effectively communicates value proposition of the products to sales team and develops sales tools that support selling process. Ability to understand and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial to drive revenue growth.
- Develops expertise on customer buying criteria; market segmentation, competition to create strategies to win in the market
- Establishes and maintains a strong competitive position through strategic and tactical identification of marketing opportunities.
- Actively seeks new ways to leverage BD’s Research Solutions portfolio of products and services to create solution based offerings
- Able to generate novel ideas for defining, implementing and bringing to market new products and technologies; ensures that customer perspectives are appropriately incorporated into every aspect of product development
- Works closely with the Special Order Research Products (SORP) and Life Science Research Reagents (LSRR) development teams to provide customer feedback and business strategy that optimizes current offerings and influences the development of next generation instruments and reagents.
- Meets all marketing work-stream deliverables as required in BD Global Product Development Process
- Requires a highly motivated, dynamic and customer-oriented leader who thrives in a challenging and changing environment. Easily develops relationships and engagement with KOLs.
- High level of personal effectiveness with the ability to work effectively within and ability to lead a project team and the cross-functional organization
- Experience working in and/or leading teams in cross-functional environments and/or matrix organizations
- Substantial applied product and market management experience in multiple disciplines, such as brand management and/ or product development.
- Experience in identifying market opportunities, market segmentation, competitive analysis, forecasting, pricing strategy, market development and go to market models and strategies.
- Typically requires a B.S. in a Life Sciences discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA and/or Master’s degree, Ph.D. in Immunology or Cell Biology or related scientific discipline preferred.
- 10 years of business experience, preferably in a biotechnology or life sciences industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Business experience may include marketing, sales, sales training, business development or other related function.
- Requires a general knowledge of the Life Sciences market as well as the sales, operations, and marketing functions. Scientific and technical knowledge with the ability to develop and review technical product specifications and applications development plans based on customer needs is key. Specific understanding of flow cytometry preferred.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and implementation skills; proven analytical skills with ability to translate data into actionable plans.
- Effective skills in areas of interpersonal, oral and written communication, organization, prioritization and planning, goal setting, analytical and problem solving.
- Results-oriented, capable of managing and driving the completion of multiple competing projects.
- Requires the ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis.
- Experience presenting to senior level leadership is required.
- Prior experience with Ecommerce and/or salesforce.com preferred
- Ability to travel 30% (domestic & international)