Marketing Manager, Automotive - Electrification - Japan
The Marketing Manager Automotive - Electrification is ultimately responsible for developing a strong pipeline of growth programs in order to eventually generate leads for the Sales or Business Development organization. Success will be measured on the size and quality of the identified growth programs as well as the Development Pool generated by the programs. The position holder will report to Global Business Development Manager of the market.
1.Develop pipeline of Marketing Growth Programs (min 80% of the time)
•Synthesize market data from multiple sources to form strong market understanding and anticipate gamechanging trends that can generate large opportunities for Solvay Specialty Polymers (SpP)
•Identify and prioritize Marketing Growth Programs based on market attractiveness and SpP’s unique valueproposition.
•Look for new white spaces to investigate for potential market entry.
•For all identified Growth Programs drive full Marketing Process: 1) Market Assessment (Fact Book), 2)Validation and 3) Launch Plan for Market Entry (Marketing Mix).
•Drive stakeholder buy-in through each milestone of the Marketing Process: Business Lines, R&D,Communications, Regional Sales Force
2.Monitor trends and provide Marketing support to Core Business (max 20% of the time)
•Monitor and communicate global competitive trends in the E&E/Semi-conducto market with the mainpurpose of driving•Work with Product Managers (PMs) for global coordination of pricing activity.
•Develop and maintain appropriate sales and market support tools.
- Academic degree (bachelor`s/master`s degree), preferably in Business/Marketing or Engineering.
- MBA or marketing-related graduate degree a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in a commercial position with a strong marketing background
- Strong Marketing capabilities, practical knowledge of main Marketing Excellence tools
- Strong knowledge of the Automotive industry and of vehicle electrification in particular
- Proven track record in driving successful results even without direct authority
- Experience in leading cross functional teams (technology, product management, sales, …)
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and bring innovative new ideas
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
- Excellent communication and influencing skills