Marketing Director, Oncology Job - Italy
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Cancer is one of the most significant global health challenges today, representing one of the world’s most urgent unmet medical needs.
- Our goal is to translate breakthrough science into biomedical innovations to help people with cancer worldwide.
- For our Oncology division, helping people fight cancer is our passion, supporting accessibility to our cancer medicines is our commitment, and pursuing research in immuno-oncology is our focus to potentially bring new hope to people with cancer.
- Our company is focused on advancing innovative molecules that harness the power of the immune system to fight cancer.
- Our company is making considerable investments in the field of immuno-oncology and is committed to
- accelerating every aspect of development and commercialization in order to bring our innovative investigational medicines to patients around the world.
- As a global healthcare company, our company’s role is first and foremost to discover and develop breakthrough medicines and vaccines that address unmet medical needs. We also recognize that we have a role to play – in
- partnership with other key stakeholders – in helping to ensure our products are accessible and affordable to those in need.
- Through access to care, partnerships with the community and expansion of our capabilities, we want to help as many people with cancer as possible.
- Reporting to the Business Unit Director Oncology, the Marketing Director is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing plans to achieve sales, market share, and strategic objectives for the Oncology Business Unit while remaining within approved expense budgets.
- Regular travel (mainly national) required (25% of time)
Areas of Responsibility
- Development, communication and execution of Oncology commercial strategy
- Expanding KEYTRUDA in current indications and launching in new indications
- People management responsibilities for the Marketing team
- Leading cross-functional Commercial Team and coordinating the development of high quality, integrated cross-functional launch and brand plans
- Gaining and leveraging best-in-industry, actionable customer insights
- Assessing risks, trade offs, and uncertainties and developing contingency plans where warranted
- Lead the development of forecasting process (sales and costs) for the product assigned in collaboration with the Finance team.
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with key customers
- Fostering innovation & discipline to ensure excellence in execution
- Representing Italy at internal regional and global meetings and external medical congresses
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or other master preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in Oncology represents a priority criteria
- Experience in marketing with product launch execution is mandatory
- Experience in Sales, Market Access, or Medical Affairs will be considered a plus
- Experience in managing direct reports and cross functional team
- Demonstrated track record of performance excellence in meeting targets and objectives
- Fluency in both Italian and English is required.
Skills and competencies
- Must possess a high degree of technical expertise, have excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; must be able to coordinate and manage a team and coordinate with others teams/peers.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Manages effectively under VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity, ambiguity).
- Manages bottom-line and top-line, coping with trade-offs between them.
- Outstanding leadership skills: can motivate, train, coach and give constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in leading and influencing cross-functional teams and communication with senior leadership
- Successful management of large budgets
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Drives effective collaboration across functions, business units, affiliates, and organizations.
- Leads and performs with the highest ethical standards and respect of industry rules and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards, laws and regulations.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Product Management/Marketing ONC Job Title:Marketing Director, Oncology
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Segment: Oncology, Manager, Medical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Healthcare, Management, Marketing, Sales