This job is currently Archived,
Marketing Director, Oncology Job - Canada
Posted on : 27 April 2017
- Cancer is one of the most significant global health challenges today, representing one of the world’s most urgent unmet medical needs.
- Our goal is to translate breakthrough science into biomedical innovations to help people with cancer worldwide.
- For our Oncology division, helping people fight cancer is our passion, supporting accessibility to our cancer medicines is our commitment, and pursuing research in immuno-oncology is our focus to potentially bring new hope to people with cancer.
- Our company is focused on advancing innovative molecules that harness the power of the immune system to fight cancer.
- Our company is making considerable investments in the field of immuno-oncology and is committed to accelerating every aspect of development and commercialization in order to bring our innovative investigational medicines to patients around the world.
- As a global healthcare company, our company’s role is first and foremost to discover and develop breakthrough medicines and vaccines that address unmet medical needs.
- We also recognize that we have a role to play – in partnership with other key stakeholders – in helping to ensure our products are accessible and affordable to those in need.
- Through access to care, partnerships with the community and expansion of our capabilities, we want to help as many people with cancer as possible.
- Reporting to the Business Unit Director, Oncology, the Marketing Director is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing plans to achieve sales, market share, and strategic objectives for the Oncology Business Unit while remaining within approved expense budgets.
Areas of Responsibility
- Development, communication and execution of Oncology commercial strategy
- Leading cross-functional Commercial Team and developing high quality, integrated cross-functional plans
- Expanding KEYTRUDA in current indications and launching in new indications
- Gaining and leveraging best-in-industry, actionable customer insights
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with key stakeholders
- Assessing risks, tradeoffs, and uncertainties and developing contingency plans where warranted
- People management responsibilities for the Marketing team
- Fostering innovation & discipline to ensure execution excellence
- Representing Canada at internal and external regional and global meetings and medical congresses
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA is an asset
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in Oncology required, preferably in Sales, Marketing, Market Access, or Medical Affairs
- Strong preference for candidates with product launch experience
- A demonstrated track record of performance excellence in meeting targets and objectives
- Bilingual preferred (fluent in business level French and English)
Skills and competencies
- Uses in-depth understanding of Oncology and marketing principles to develop sound, rigorous launch plans and brand plans for KEYTRUDA.
- Sees opportunity and initiates action on own initiative, and follows through.
- Remains calm and focused under pressure.
- Manages effectively under VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity, ambiguity).
- Develops new and innovative business opportunities.
- Manages bottom-line and top-line, coping with trade-offs between them.
- Outstanding leadership skills: can motivate, train, coach and give constructive feedback.
- Drives effective collaboration across functions,business units, affiliates, and organizations.
- Leads and performs with the highest ethical standards and respect of industry rules and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards, laws and regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to act as a company spokesperson, often being called upon to deliver high impact or significant business information to external audiences.
- Our employees are the key to our company's success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer, proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Segment: Oncology, Manager, Medical, Marketing MBA, Healthcare, Management, Marketing