Marketing Communications Specialist Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The Marketing Communications Specialist will be a key addition to the Food Production Marketing team. This individual will be responsible for supporting, developing and creating content for communications and promotional activities.
Writing and public speaking and are substantial components of this role and the ideal candidate must be a talented writer and verbal communicator and be able to tailor communications to a variety of formats and audiences while showing strong project management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities within tight timeframes.
The person in this position will work to enhance business and marketing initiatives by producing high-quality content that contribute to the overall success of our business and marketing programs. Writing duties include content for web conferences, website, social media, email marketing, news articles, and press-releases.
- Collaborate with all marketing managers to develop messages for external and internal marketing efforts.
- Assist in creating engaging video content that showcases customers using Merck Animal Health products, and be the on-screen spokesperson and voice for this content.
- Coordinate communication of sales promotion activities for all key internal stakeholders: field force; channel management; business operations.
- Identify opportunities and develop content for multiple channels, including but not limited to: website, social media, emails, press releases, promotions and advertisements.
- Write for both B2B and Retail consumer focused content and oversee media plans and press releases to orchestrate a unified market approach.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, business, marketing, English, or related field required.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 2 years of copy writing, technical writing, and/or marketing communications experience, preferably in agriculture environment.
- Outstanding public speaking, writing and editing skills along with ability to change tone as appropriate for different media and audiences.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster cooperation amongst business partners and coordinate internal as well as external resource/workload
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience writing for a publication and/or working with an editorial calendar with an understanding of communications cadence and timelines.
- Knowledge of social media, blogs, content management systems and web-based platforms.
- Familiarity with photo editing software, usage rights, licensing and copyright. Photoshop or Illustrator experience.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and have enthusiasm for the mission of the organization.
- Demonstrated focus on accuracy and high attention to detail.
- Able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborate with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying effective solutions.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Product Management/Marketing
Job Title:Assoc. Spclst, Marketing
Primary Location: NA-US-KS-DeSoto
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Communications, Marketing Communications, Retail Sales, Journalism, Marketing, Retail, Publishing