Marketing Category Manager - Weight Category - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals and nutritional products. .
- The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies
- Our company is one of the major companies in the consumer health and personal care industry in Europe.
- Our company has a wide brand portfolio including top brands.
- Our company has managed to build a high-performance, customer-focused organization which today is directly operating in 35 countries – mainly in Europe - serving a high potential market of prescription-free, consumer-oriented health products, with different legal status ranging from medicines, medical devices, cosmetics, food supplements and biocides.
- To strengthen our Corporate Marketing team, we are currently looking for a Category Manager to support our Weight Category representing brands.
- You carry out and analyze consumer/shopper research and gather market/competition information and translate them into actionable insights to drive continuous growth;
- Together with the category team you build the brand strategy and shape the consumer value proposition including all elements of the marketing mix (branding, positioning, pack design, disruptive claim, smart pricing, assortment);
- You develop the global consumer marketing toolkit including advertising, digital platforms, POS, sales detailing aids with the help of external agencies;
- You drive the brand innovation multi-year funnel and manage the NPD initiatives in cross functional way with Innovation, regulatory, CSI, Finance and supply;
- You interact with the country local categories to optimally deploy the brand marketing toolkit and track the in-market performance;
- You also work in close collaboration with different service companies e.g. advertising and media planning agencies, packaging design agencies and market research agencies.
- You are a member of our Corporate Marketing team (currently about 30 members) based in our company’s group headquarters and report into the Corporate Marketing Director.
- In this role, you work closely with your colleagues from other departments (Sales, Regulatory Affairs, Logistics, Finance, …) and liaise with external partners on a regular basis.
- You hold a University level qualification in a relevant field and have at least 6 years of relevant job experience in an international context, preferably in FMCG, OTC and non-prescription healthcare products.
- You are passionate about marketing and making brands grow
- Previous experience managing a team
- ‘Entrepreneurial’, ‘business acumen’, ‘analytic’ and ‘creative thinker’ are words that describe you best.
- You are a self-starter and have excellent problem solving skills.
- You have an open and empathic attitude towards other cultures which makes you a real international marketer.
- You have a strong ability to adapt to a changing environment;
- You read, write and speak English fluently and have excellent communication skills. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- A dynamic working environment in a growing organization.
- Besides a competitive remuneration pack (including pension plan, hospitalization insurance,…), we offer you excellent growth opportunities and even the possibility to go on an international assignment in the future.