Market Access Lead- Hematology/Blood Disorders Mississauga Canada,
Market Access Lead-Hematology/Blood Disorders
Reference #: R2494238
Department: Value and Access Genzyme
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About Genzyme, a Sanofi Company
Sanofi Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. That goal guides and inspires us every day. Sanofi Genzyme’s portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represents groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Sanofi Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.sanofigenzyme.com.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
The primary role is to define and implement the integrated payer strategy (evaluate payer mix) to reach optimal funding and maximize access and reimbursement and product value for Sanofi Genzyme products and offerings throughout the product’s lifecycle. The strategy will provide Sanofi Genzyme with a competitive advantage within the marketplace. The critical success factor for this role is shifting the dialogue with the payers from price to the value of the Sanofi Genzyme offerings, which will result in their increased affordability and accessibility for the patients through the improvement of patient outcomes which in turn impacts efficiency within the healthcare system.
The Lead will work in close collaboration with other teams within the sector, Sanofi Genzyme Business Unit, Regional Public Affairs and Advocacy, US and Global, EU Access and Brand teams, Medical Affairs and other functions.
- Per brand/offering, develop, maintain and continuously optimize the market access strategy and payer value proposition throughout its lifecycle.
- Formulate evidence based payer value propositions based on robust understanding of payers and their decision making systems.
- Define the overall payer strategy to execute the reimbursement and/or tendering strategy, inclusive of the integration of required stakeholders, policy, KOL influencing activities and all relevant functions.
- Proactively define the required strategies to shape and influence the desired marketplace, and facilitate the implementation of the plan greater than two years in advance of anticipated customer needs.
- Define business growth opportunities within Key Payer Accounts, key factors driving customers’ decisions, and potential solutions to capitalize and optimize payer access as identified from understanding payer needs.
- Ensure flawless execution of reimbursement submissions and rebuttals at federal, provincial and hospital levels by building high quality value dossiers with medical, health economics, marketing and provincial payer managers to include clinical dossier, health economic budget impact models and any evidence that can impact decisions.
- Support activities within the key therapeutic areas aimed at continuous demonstration and communication of the value of Sanofi Genzyme offerings to the payers.
- Utilizing customer insights and input, elaborate new and innovative strategies including product listing agreements (PLAs) with federal and provincial drug plans, cancer boards, hospitals and blood services to optimize reimbursement of Sanofi Genzyme products and offerings in collaboration with the provincial payer manager, business intelligence, health economics, marketing and pricing to optimize revenue for the brands.
- Working with external expertise, early input into the Health Economics strategy to support the payer value proposition.
- Strong understanding and intelligence of the Canadian payer environment (public and private), CDR / pCODR / INESSS and provincial decision making processes.
- Work with the Pricing team to develop sustainable business and achieve local and global approval of the pricing strategy for new products taking into account the policy and politic environment (payers, pCPA, PMPRB), the reimbursement challenges and financial considerations.
- Collaborate in the development of stakeholder engagement plans to facilitate activities which enable maximal private and public coverage with expedited provincial reimbursement.
- Work with product managers and financial analysts to generate forecasts, including market access projections and product penetration analysis. Ensure validation with provincial and private payer managers.
- Work with the global/North American organization to ensure alignment of strategies/share best practices.
University degree, master’s degree in health sciences, business, and/or health economics would be an asset.
- Experience in the health care arena and/or experience in pharmaceutical industry, either through working in pharmaceutical access departments or in the development of negotiation strategies for payers at pCPA or Canadian Blood Services.
- Expertise in maneuvering within the government system, especially within the provincial drug plans, cancer agencies and Canadian Blood Services.
- Managing teams in order to achieve successful negotiations.
- Expertise in the field of oncology/hematology with experience in the pCODR process and Canadian Blood Services formulary process and tendering.
- Experience in hospital tendering and hospital formulary listing processes.
Specific Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the healthcare and reimbursement landscape.
- Understanding of strategic interplays that influence payer decisions.
- Well established stakeholder/political/influencer network within the provincial public and private payer markets.
- Strategic influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strategy agility and strong business acumen.
- Organizational agility and managerial courage.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Ability to lead and manage teams.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Travel required, primarily within Canada.
- Understanding of various health system databases (i.e. pharmacy claims databases) and competency with spreadsheets (i.e. Excel).
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Find a Job Find Candidates