Market Access European Modeling Lead - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||Market Access European Modeling Lead|
• Work with the Global team as EU+ modeling lead to ensure delivered models for regional adaptation are fit for purpose among EU stakeholders
• Support and manage model adaptations for EU+ affiliates with on-time delivery for local submissions and/or activities with the support of an external vendor where required
• Partner Global Market Access to deliver and maintain up to date comparative efficacy results through management of network meta analyses; work with affiliates on appropriate application and interpretation of results
• Work with regional brand leads to understand strategy and local requirements in order to advise of types of models to implement
• A major focus of this role is to support affiliates with economic model adaptations, ensuring they are robust and executed on time. Furthermore, the individual will have opportunities to present the EU+ regional perspective on development of new or updated models by the global HEOR and market access teams, to ensure that deliverables meet the needs of European stakeholders.
1. Manage country-specific model adaptation processes, to deliver finalised model and associated materials on time to affiliate team and EU+ product brand lead. This includes:
• Training affiliate colleagues on ore model structure, data inputs, and interpretation of results
• Quality and version control
• Advising affiliates on use of data sources, assumptions and inputs
• Promoting consistency across submissions to maintain credibility
• Discussing findings and the impact of results with brand leads and affiliates
2. Act as conduit between global market access and EU+ affiliates for delivery and presentation of other health economic tools including mixed treatment comparisons.
• Understand networks and analyses in depth and brief affiliates on appropriate use
• Manage requests from affiliates for MTCs / Indirect comparisons
• Ensure that appropriate comparative efficacy data is utilized in economic models.
3. Develop the technical elements of new tools/models specifically for the EU+ region
• These tools need to address needs among our stakeholders at the affiliate level
• Identification of needs and developing solutions is an ongoing responsibility
• Specification of deliverables as necessary and producing final outputs from these new workstreams
4. Provide input into global model development at critical decision points so that EU+ perspective is accounted for and models delivered are fit for purpose
5. Ad hoc requests. These can vary in scope and technical difficulty, examples might include:
• Supporting affiliate requests responding to payer requests (eg NICE clarification questions, in-person model presentation)
• Input into innovative access schemes (eg calculating optimum price in access agreements)
• Advising on data transformation for use in field market access tools
|Job Category||Market Access|
|Qualifications||4 years’ experience in technical market access consulting and/or modeling role within pharmaceutical industry. |
• Strategic acumen to understand local situation and ability to recommend best type of model
• Strong attention to detail
• Communication and cross-cultural skills; experience in a multicultural, multifunctional environment an advantage
• Demonstrated experience of time, budget and stakeholder management
• Exposure to aspects of HTA and reimbursement processes, e.g. analysis, model building, payer interactions, price negotiations
• Technical skills for model adaptations, running and interpreting analyses. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; specialist health economics software an advantage
• Previous experience in managing and working with network meta analysis
|Education||Minimum master’s degree in Economics / Health Economics or similar|
|About Biogen||Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978, Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. |
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. With a strong affiliate presence and a network of distribution partners, Biogen has established a global footprint that allows us to capture the greatest value for the products we develop.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Biotech, Consulting, Pharmaceutical, Biology, Science, Technology, Research