Market Access Associate Job - South Africa
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
MSD is a global research-driven pharmaceutical company dedicated to putting patients first.
MSD discovers, develops, manufactures and markets vaccines and medicines to address unmet medical needs. The Market Access department has grown and expanded with regards to support offered to the organisation, with a wider range of commercial responsibilities.
The incumbent will be responsible for co-ordinating and facilitating drug access and authorization for patients at Provider level. As such, the incumbent will be required to:
- Assume responsibility for meticulous field query logging and updating of reimbursement data bases;
- facilitate positive reimbursement outcomes/decisions at funder level through effective funder liaison and motivation processes;
- implement reimbursement strategies to identified target customer groups (including inter alia healthcare providers, call centre staff);
- provide patient, healthcare provider and professional sales representative support and updates in terms of reimbursement protocols, requirements and objection handling processes;
- have strong writing skills, which will include the composition of compelling clinical value arguments to motivate for reimbursement of brands;
• collaborate and communicate with internal and cross-functional stakeholders;
- liaise with relevant external customers on a professional basis
- implement strategies and tactical plans to drive access
- craft and champion the implementation of the market access strategy
- meet deadlines, work autonomously, analyse, plan, develop and implement market access related strategies.
- Matric and a Tertiary Education in health sciences
- Clinical experience advantageous and/or funder experience advantageous
- 2-3 years’ experience in a customer facing position
- Previous experience in market access advantageous;
- Pharmaceutical product knowledge;
- Administrative ability;
- Analytical capability;
- The ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Strong administrative and reporting capabilities;
- Excellent communication – verbal and written;
- Analytical skills;
- Project management;
- Work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to empathize;
- Work under pressure;
- Customer management;
- Ability to implement strategies
- Ability to interact with internal/external customers
- Computer literacy
- Time management and planning
- Code 8 Drivers Licence
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
If you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
MSD is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of MSD and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups. MSD reserves the right not to make an appointment as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.
Job: Market Access Job Title:Spclst, Market Access
Primary Location: EMEA-South Africa-Kwazulu-Natal-Durban
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Medical, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Project Manager, Healthcare, Science, Sales, Research, Technology