Manufacturing Technology - Senior Process Engineer - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is currently seeking a Sr. Chemical Process Engineer at the Pontchartrain site.
- The end uses of the phenylene diamines are rubber chemicals, dyes and pigments, agricultural chemicals, and Kevlar.
- This role will provide process technical support to meet customer needs for the company Protection Technologies Business.
- The role will provide assistance to operations through daily process technical support, will participate in process improvements, participate on capital projects, provide technical assistance to area maintenance on reliability and up times issues, and participate on area Process Safety Management teams.
- Actively participate on site teams such as PSM and Unit Teams, to ensure site compliance with corporate standards and best practices.
- Develop and implement programs to improve area performance related to uptime, functionality, efficiency and cost.
- Assist project front end loading to ensure facilities have the highest uptime, lowest life cycle cost, and can be adequately maintained.
- Responsible for the accuracy and adequacy of all process technology documentation.
- Provide leadership for chemical related site Critical Operating Tasks
- Provide engineering expertise in incident investigations, analyzing data (performance, cost and SHE compliance) and day-to-day manufacturing assistance.
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, team building and achieving results through influence and negotiation.
- Mentor junior chemical engineers.
- B.S. / M.S. in Chemical Engineering.
- 7-15 years in the area of chemical/process manufacturing desired.
- Strong technical, analytical and functional skills.
- Experience and knowledge in organic chemistry and processe
- Demonstrated knowledge of chemical processes and methodologies applicable to a manufacturing setting.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of chemical manufacturing unit operations, such as reactors and distillation columns.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot chemical processes
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, must work well in both self-managed and team environment.
- Well-developed technical writing skills.
- Our company is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 90 countries today.
- We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
- Our company offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year.
- You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
- At our company you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future.
- If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join our company and discover The miracles of science.