This job is currently Archived,
Manufacturing Technology - Senior Automation and Process Control Engineer - United States
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- The senior manufacturing technology engineer will serve as the lead automation and process control professional for the Polyvinyl Fluoride (PVF) polymer plants.
- The engineer will lead challenging and exciting programs to improve safety, quality, reliability, up time, capacity, yields and reducing emissions and cost.
- The engineer will drive improvements through Lean/Six Sigma, small capital projects, advanced control techniques and various automation tools.
- The individual will have a strong support staff working closely with the area process engineers and A&PC specialist.
- Involvement in day-to-day troubleshooting to assure safe, continuous operation is a must.
- The engineer will provide technical support for new project start-ups, test runs, and special procedures as needed.
- There are two identical polymer plants at the site. Each plant has several unit operations including reaction, distillation, separation, and de-watering.
- Each unit also has powder handling operations including dryers, conveying systems, bag filters, and bag loading facilities.
- The polymer plant is considered a High Hazard Process.
- The plants are relatively new and outfitted with state-of-the-art technology.
- In addition, a sister site is located at the Yerkes plant in Buffalo, NY.
- This promotes collaboration across multiple plants and provides learning and leadership opportunities for the individual.
- Our company is ideally located within easy driving distance to the mountains and beaches and offers a moderate climate suited for outdoor activities year-round.
- The site has a highly flexible and motivated work force that is non-union.
- Set direction and provide day to day troubleshooting for DCS hardware/software, instrumentation, and controls.
- Identifying new process control improvement opportunities.
- The position is also responsible for designing and implementing these improvements.
- Provide coaching and development for site technicians and A&PC specialist.
- Provide site leadership for A&PC networks and electrical safety team.
- B.S. Electrical and 10 years of experience in developing and commissioning process control applications.
- Fundamental understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) systems and High Hazard Processes
- Desire to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience championing and implementing improvements in systems capabilities in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of distributed control system (DCS) architecture and demonstrated skills in configuring, documenting and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated knowledge of instrumentation systems and electrical infrastructure
- Experience with process control and instrumentation tuning
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading both long-term programs/projects as well as address short-term operational issues.
- Demonstrated ability to develop instrument and control mechanics/technicians
- Understanding of the principles of operation, reliability and performance characteristics of instrumentation, measurements, analyzers and control valves.
- Experience with process safety standards (DX_S, RAGAGEP, IEC) and their application to chemical manufacturing facilities.
- Knowledge of the open and closed loop response characteristics of dynamic systems.
- Siemens PCS 7 experience
- Demonstrated good mentoring skills
- Experience with working in a HPWS environment
- Six Sigma Green Belt
Travel requirement < 10%