This job is currently Archived,
Manufacturing Technology - Automation Engineer - United States
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- The Garment Manufacturing Automation Engineer will lead automation activities that involves the creation and application of technology to automate the production and delivery of products and services.
- This position is a key member of a cross-functional team involving Contracted Manufacturing Operations, Technical, Quality and Contract Administration.
- As such, this person will be involved with wage, professional, and management personnel in all groups and at multiple otherou manufacturing sites.
The job scope includes, but is not limited to:
- Represent our company to ensure services are provided in alignment with core values.
- Aptitude to interpret, push, and manage multiple projects from initial review stage through design, development, and start of production
- Create and apply new technology to automate the production and delivery of products and services
- Manipulating/engineering a process to achieve new manufacturing techniques which enhance the overall performance, productivity and quality of products. .
- Generate and manage technical packages to assure documentation is current and production ready. Use consistent language specification to specification.
- Sample reviews and construction, including problem solving with vendor partners to achieve desired results.
- Ensure product is meeting cost objectives. This includes coming up with alternative suggestions to achieve cost targets.
- Plan and execute project development according to business defined critical dates that lead to on–time delivery of samples and production confirmation.
- Critique, adjust and evaluate design concepts and prototypes from a manufacturing performance and functional perspective
- Partner with development, quality and product team to ensure designs are manufacture able, meet cost and quality objectives of the organization
- Exhibit understanding in construction and technical expertise, and is willing to extend outside of their area to support and problem solve.
- Review, document and communicate changes, test results and requirements of samples.
- Ensure consistency in descriptions, steps, and terms from specification to specification
- Ability to correspond and execute process improvement plans at both the factory level & internal creation team level
- Working with Applications Research/R&D to scale-up new product/process developments at Contract Manufacturing Operations (this may include assistance during R&D trials, product testing, evaluation of new/current facility capabilities).
- Working with Quality Engineers to ensure Quality systems and Best practices are documented appropriately.
- Leveraging automation best practices across contract manufacturing facilities in alignment with any contractual IP
- Leads automation that involves the creation and application of technology to automate the production and delivery of products and services.
- Automation engineers design, program, simulate and test automated machinery and processes in order to complete exact tasks.
- Automation engineers are responsible for design specifications and all aspects of capital projects along with the technical expertise required for their discipline.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical) or equivalent experience
- 5 years or more demonstrated ability to work safely and effectively in industry
- Strong interpersonal skills and a track record of fostering a respectful work environment.
- High level of self-motivation, work ethic, initiative, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated capability to resolve issues using fact-based problem solving.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand manufacturing processes and best practices required to support operations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effective communication processes to resolve issues and ensure team alignment and understanding.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage and network with other key functional area and external suppliers.
- Actively seeks ways of improving current methods, systems, and processes to provide customer satisfaction.
- Ability to travel 35% of time. (Domestic & International)
- Passionate about supporting processes and products that are the highest quality in their class
- Energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Strong knowledge of basic control systems used to automate manufacturing processes, including hydraulics and pneumatics used for motion control, programmable controllers, sensors and vision system
- Knowledge of garment manufacturing processes