Manufacturing Team Leader - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
* This is a Night Shift position, 630 PM - 630 AM, 3-2-2-3 rotation.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Delivers needed business results. Creates a learning environment. Creates understandings common to teams and team leaders regarding goals and purpose of team and plant goals.
- Develops and coaches people.
- Enables teams to make improvements by helping set objectives; helping set boundaries; opening doors or breaking down boundaries that are perceived or unnecessary, keeping the ownership and responsibility with the individual or team where appropriate.
- Is accessible to all Associates. Enables Associates to be success by: creating opportunities for development; breaking down barriers; and challenging Associates to assess performance on a regular basis.
- Focuses on yearly and quarterly goal achievements.
- Builds organizational capability. Holds Associates accountable for results, including: safety, quality, strategic, operational, and tactical.
- Is dedicated to business success. Develops and achieves business plans.
- Ensures that both production and people are scheduled responsibly.
- Ensures regulatory compliance. Focuses on the customer and the customer’s expectations of our products and services.
- Supports management and its policies as well as Associates.
- Champions safety and quality.
- Communicates and supports the vision for BD Holdrege and creates a line of sight for each Associate.
- Fosters a trusting environment and leads by example.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university (engineering, business or related major preferred) OR commensurate experience.
- Minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of 3 years prior manufacturing supervision experience.
- Previous experience in a high performance, team-based environment.
Preferred and Additional Skills and Abilities:
MBA or Masters degree in engineering, quality or related discipline.
Six Sigma experience and/or Black Belt certification.
- Motivating, influencing, persuading and accomplishing results through others.
- Communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strategic thinking.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Approximate direct reports: 35-50 Associates