Manufacturing Process Engineer - United States
- Responsible for the design and implementation of machine improvements and capital equipment project management activities. Proficient in mechanical design and troubleshooting.
- Directs personnel in the troubleshooting and maintenance of mechanical systems used in the production process.
- Availability to respond to calls as needed on nights and weekends.
- Supports the plant manufacturing efforts for continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, production, and cost.
- Required to document all new designs or modifications per plant policies and procedures. This documentation includes validations, change control forms, machine specifications, schematics, software revisions, spare parts, and maintenance schedules.
- Ability to handle projects of moderate to large scope, requiring coordination between vendors, R&D, and plant manufacturing functions.
- Recommends vendors for commercial items and materials needed for a project.
- Perform other duties as specified by the Manufacturing Engineering Lead.
- BA/BS Degree (Major: Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering)
- Minimum of 1-3 years working with industrial equipment, preferably in a manufacturing environment
Requires previous experience with manufacturing processes and equipment:
- Marking, assembly, and packaging equipment.
- Continuous improvement: lean, six sigma, manufacturing change control.
- Mechanical part design using inventor, AutoCAD, or equivalent software.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficient in standard PC office skills.
- Good at time management.
- Project management.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.