Manufacturing Operations Leader - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Manufacturing Operations Leader will be responsible for health and safety, quality and regulatory compliance in driving manufacturing output performance of their team.
- The successful candidate will be a change leader with sound understanding of financial processes, P&L cost center management, departmental budgeting and the ability to generate and deliver a clear focus plan through operational excellence whilst having the responsibility for continually transforming the manufacturing department.
- Those responsibilities will include focusing on creating a workplace culture that encourages employees in all facets of manufacturing to streamline and improve safety, quality, cost and delivery.
- The product lines manufactured are FTIR, UV/Vis Spectroscopy, Thermal Analysis, Life Science Screening and technologies, Optical replication technologies, High Content Screening, accessories, automation, detection and software.
- The Manufacturing Operations Leader will work cross-functionally across the site and interact globally to assure that the business functions efficiently through product planning, sales, service, operations, finance and other segment leaders in support of their products, you will be responsible for a team of Section team leaders, who in turn are responsible for ensuring the production facility runs to peak output efficiency and performance.
- You will be able to plan and improve manufacturing performance where necessary in achieving the company’s strategic goals.
Priorities and Objectives
Specifically, the leader will:
- Lead a manufacturing team to meet its objectives of:
- Lead, manage, inspire and motivate the manufacturing team in line with the applicable HR policies.
- Drive Customer satisfaction.
- Create a high performance workplace, drive cultural change and improvement built on organisational capabilities whilst achieve goals.
- Ensure operational objectives and results are achieved and communicated effectively to the senior team.
- Champion projects for the department and drive to completion.
- Maintain output and think ahead in a fluctuating environment.
- Ensure that operational processes are in line with applicable national, divisional and corporate guidelines, procedures, law and regulations.
- Drives internal and external collaboration when appropriate.
- Execute on requirements defined by sales and product planning.
- Leverage resource pool.
- Ensure Project Cost Performance / ROI.
- Support the reduction of Quality/Warranty Costs.
- Partner with site leadership to define manufacturing lean strategy.
- A flexible attitude to work, able to keep calm under pressure and manage multiple tasks.
- Analyse product performance on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis to meet objectives.
- Understand the business, forces and trends that impact success and failure.
- Will ideally be of degree education and have a track record in the Manufacturing sector.
- Masters of Business Administration or similar degree preferred.
Essential skills and Experience
- Manufacturing Operations Management, time served experience of managing a team.
- Financial acumen, planning and reporting with strong analytical skills.
- Lean Manufacturing, Project Management.
- Procedures, company rules, guidelines (national and international), law, rules & regulations, standards, safety, quality and environmental guidelines as far as applicable.
- Ability to travel within the UK and Globally.
- Strong technical acumen – the ability to look at the product or the capital equipment from a technical view point and offer solutions and improvements.
- SAP knowledge; MRP/ERP systems.