Manufacturing Excellence Leader - Industrial Function - United States
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay has an exceptional opportunity to work within our Corporate Industrial Function in Manufacturing Excellence supporting all of Solvay's North American sites. This is an great position for someone coming from a Leadership role in Operations such as Operations Manager or Plant Manager. Ideally, the selected candidate will be based out of Princeton NJ, Houston TX, or Alpharetta GA, but also be remote based.
The Manufacturing Excellence Leaders support production sites and Global Business Units (GBU) to create more value by optimizing resources and assets management. This is an excellent opportunity to work directly with the diverse portfolio of Solvay's manufacturing, including but not limited to Soda Ash, Peroxides, Surfactants, Polymers, and Composite Materials.
- Plan, organize, staff and lead Manufacturing Excellence (ME) Diagnostics in production sites and train local teams on the 3 pillars of Maintenance Excellence
- Coach site management teams in the definition of priorities among improvement projects.
- Coach site and GBU ME Leaders in the organization of the Design and TIP Design phases of ME transformation so that priorities and objectives are clearly defined and a rigorous action plan is implemented
- Propose & Support execution of projects, programs or Academies within the businesses for the identification of improvement levers
- Organize and lead meetings with shift teams to define critical KPIs on safety, production and quality
- Coach the implementation of performance boards (white boards) at shift, daily and weekly levels
- Coordinate with site and GBU organization of monthly Steering Committee to ensure a regular alignment on on-going impact of transformations
- Implement appropriate tools for performance tracking, reporting and monitoring
- Ensure sufficient focus on sustainability of improvements through providing training/ skill building of change leaders within business
- Assist in installing multiple tools (e.g. VSM, online OEE tracking, action tracking), methods (incl. Lean, 6sigma, etc.) and expertise to support implementation
- Organize sharing of best practices in Manufacturing area and disseminate knowledge
- Organize the build-up of in-house expertise and knowledge in the Solvay Group
- Contribute to the animation of the Manufacturing Family (Production Unit Network & Change Leaders Network) by organizing network of business unit/ Site change leaders, production unit managers, and Community Building
- Degree in Mechanical or Chemical engineering.
- Minimum 10 years in an industrial manufacturing.
- Strong technical skills
- Impact and influence skills and strong experience in change management
- Project Management skills
- Travel up to 70%