This job is currently Archived,
Manufacturing Engineer I or II - United States
Posted on : 25 April 2017
- Supports production in the resolution of manufacturing issues by providing ongoing manufacturing engineering support.
- Creates and implements problem/cause/countermeasures strategy and evaluating defects.
- Assesses processes for streamlining of steps, improvements, and scale-up activities.
- Initiates and processes engineering/document/business changes.
- Drafts protocols, conducts studies, and creates interim/final reports for validation activities. Investigates customer complaints.
- Performs cost modeling using SAP. Investigates non-conformances and deviations.
- Determines impact to product and customer use and dispositions materials.
- Determines appropriate corrective actions to prevent reoccurrences.
- Analyzes various product structures and processes in order to eliminate inefficiencies and reduce manufacturing costs in terms of processing time, quality and cost.
- Maintain and improve manufacturing processes to support new product launch activities and current process (routers, work instructions, purchasing specification, other documentation).
- Requires the ability to analyze technical data and provide concise brief conclusions for investigational reports.
- Requires strong communication skills and ability to work cooperatively and professionally with cross-functional teams.
- Must have initiative to be proactive in obtaining necessary training.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage a complex workload while meeting due dates.
- Prefer working knowledge of Solid works, AutoCAD, or other engineering based application, MS Office suite of products (Proficient in Word and Excel), Minitab and ERP systems (SAP preferred).
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Engineering Experience: 0-2 + years experience or equivalent in a related engineering discipline.
- Experience that includes an emphasis on working in a cGMP/QSR/ISO regulated industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering tools, techniques, and methods, ideally from a previous Engineering roll.