Manufacturing Engineer - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- PKI is looking for a talented engineering professional with primary responsibility in managing the product life-cycle from design transition through a product’s end of life. The individual will provide production support, value engineering, and sustaining engineering while working in a cross functional team environment of engineering, quality, and manufacturing professionals.
- The individual will ensure the best manufacturing, test, and serviceability practices are created and implemented for the product line.
- Drive and coordinate ECO's to document and communicate engineering changes to the organization and ensure a smooth implementation of changes for manufacturing operations.
- Follow the new product life cycle from inception through product launch from a manufacturing perspective, interacting with R&D, purchasing and manufacturing personnel, understanding issues and needs, advocating and driving appropriate responses across the organization.
- Utilize Root Cause Analysis methods to problem solve and resolve manufacturing, field service, and customer issues and drive engineering solutions to improve or correct product or process issues.
- Own and execute sustaining and value engineering projects.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, processes and procedures.
- Design appropriate tooling and test equipment to improve manufacturability and quality.
- Work with the manufacturing team to analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, identifying necessary skills, training and certification necessary to meet quality and productivity goals.
- Interact with vendors and purchasing to resolve current and future product materials and parts, and evaluates potential vendors for capability, processes and quality standards.
- Drive and manage Quality incidents working across functional disciplines ensuring timely response and closure.
- BSEE or BSME with 3-7 years relevant experience in development and production of electro-mechanical instrumentation desired.
- Energetic, results-driven with sound judgment and prioritization skills.
- Effective time management skills to juggle multiple priorities and execute on deadlines.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- Commitment to customer excellence with demonstrated ethics and integrity.
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to continuous improvement principles and Lean activities
- Experience with Medical Device regulations a plus