Manufacturing Engineer - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Responsible for performing various Engineering activities to support the manufacturing needs of the department/division. This will be accomplished through continuous improvement activities, implementation and documentation of manufacturing processes, to devise engineering solutions to assembly problems, and to help introduce new products and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and fabricate tooling required for assembly process improvement.
- Establish and verify labor standards.
- Coordinate the manufacture of prototypes and pilot assemblies in an effort to establish manufacturing processes.
- Oversee implementation of new or improved manufacturing methods, standards, testing, procedures, tools, and equipment designs to improve operating performance, reduce waste and delays, and achieve the most economic manufacture of products.
- Continuously improve the manufacturing processes, lower product cost, and insure the highest quality product is being produced.
- Participate with engineering during the development processes of new product to evaluate the producibility of the product in manufacturing environment.
- Must be an independent worker, capable of meeting goals and objectives as defined by Management.
- Support quality/manufacturing related improvement efforts.
- BS Degree in a Technical / Engineering discipline.
- Two years minimum experience within manufacturing environment, with experience in manufacturing, quality, or process engineering preferred. Medical Device experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills with software applications for Microsoft Windows including Word and Excel.
- Familiar with SolidWorks or other CAD program desired.
- This position requires a thorough knowledge of the manufacturing engineering requirements to support all aspects of the manufacturing processes. This knowledge should include translation from engineering documentation to manufacturing processes, creation of labor standards, creation of tooling for full efficiency, and capability of using a material management computer system.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- A self-starter able to function independently with minimum direction.
- Company Matched 401k
- Tuition Reimbursement (Up to $5,250 per year)
- 3 Weeks Vacation plus 8 sick days
- Medical / Dental / Vision (4 plans are offered through Fallon and Aetna)
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Leadership Development (not for every position – management only)
- Green Belt / Black Belt Certification Programs – KSE
- KARL STORZ University and other training and development programs.
- Fitness Reimbursement $200
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K, company matches 60% up to 6% of your annual income
- $500 Referral Bonus
About the Company:
As the largest privately held medical device company in the world, KARL STORZ has achieved global preeminence in endoscopes and medical imaging devices used in minimally invasive surgery. Our dedication to employee achievement and development through effective training and our commitment to a workforce that reflects and respects global diversity and the future of the environment have allowed KARL STORZ to serve our customers for over 60 years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.