This job is currently Archived,
Manager, Vaccine Supply Chain Zürich Switzerland,
Posted on : 29 March 2017
- Ensure Clinical Trial Material deliveries, leading a cross functional team, under an end to end business process and tools to plan and execute shipments of product to clinical sites.
- Set-up SAP Materials Management, APO, SD and FI modules, collaborating with key stakeholders
- Support Commercial Launches, providing with Supply Chain expertise.
- Develop optimum supply strategies and inventory plans to ensure continued supply of vaccines to end users and children, working effectively across Vaccine manufacturing and packaging sites, Commercialization, Distribution and Logistics, Local Operating Companies
- Update SAP system planning parameters that support supply policies,
- Aggregate and propagate short- and mid-term supply plans along the entire supply chain to balance the demand forecast with cost, efficiency and capacity constraints.
- Develop and communicate monthly aggregated E2E supply plan to Sr Director and support with simulations
- Proactively drive supply and inventory alignment meetings with plants
- Work in close partnership with supply planners product manager and the Global Supply Chain and Manufacturing team to ensure key KPIs are met
- Coordinate the S&OP Vaccine Supply review section at the local and regional levels.
- Accountable for the delivery of Clinical Trial Material (CTM), including responsibility for coordinating shipping of bulk.
- Establish KPIs and report performance to the leadership team.
- Report CTM inventories at all stages.
- Lead the CTM Supply Planning teams.
- Escalate potential supply issues and shortages, mitigate supply chain risks collaborating with Clinical Operations, Global Clinical Supply Chain and CMC Project Management organizations.
- Responsible for setting-up SAP Materials Management, APO, SD and FI modules working with key stakeholders like Procurement, Technical Operations, Commercial, IT/IS, Manufacturing and Packaging Sites planning teams.
- Develop supply and inventory plans during pre-launch to ensure capacity.
- Participate and represent Supply Chain in the Supply and Launch teams.
- Collaborate to ensure on-time launch of product at the end market with key functions like Regulatory, Quality and Commercial.
- Execute tactical planning activities. Issue Purchase Orders, Reservation orders with CMOs. Run APO and align plans with internal network sites.
- Prepare the bidding supply chain documentation to participate in UNICEF and PAHO tenders
- Develop the statistical in-market forecast and submit it to the Local Operating Companies (LOC)
- Review revised forecast from the LOCs, establish minimum and maximum limits of safety stocks for each LOC.
- Prepare agenda topics, including KPI and coordinate the Vaccine portfolio section in the S&OP process.
- Using SAP APO, develop doable supply plans for external manufacturers, synchronizing supply plans with the internal manufacturing planning teams.
- Review and agree on plans during the Operational Review process. Identify and escalate potential supply issues.
- Lead actions to mitigate supply shortages or potential write-offs.
- Prepare annual Volume plans for budget purposes.
- Notify Procurement about volume for further opportunities on reducing costs.
- Participate in the Material Review Board to identify slow move of material and avoid short dated material.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: Bachelors Degree or international equivalent required in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Economics or suitable discipline, Life Sciences preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of vaccine supply chain and supply planning (3+ years of experience).
- Intermediate pharmaceutical business knowledge (3+ years of experience).
- Proven experience in a matrix environment.
- Capability in Supply Chain Management in a GMP/GDP environment.
- Ability to manage complex projects or products. Advanced knowledge of supply chain with focus on operations.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Advanced Planning Systems, ERP systems and analytical tools (SAP/APO, BI).
- Intermediate knowledge on regulations. Intermediate knowledge with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of finance, customs and trade compliance.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, team player and able to coordinate cross functional team members.
- Intermediate presentation and communication skills.
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing is required. Japanese is desirable.
- APICS or equivalent certification
- Requires approximately 10-20 % travel, which may include overnight and international travel to attend meetings, other company sites, external manufactures, and another related travel.
Find a Job Find Candidates