This job is currently Archived,
Manager Trade Compliance Beerse Belgium, Zug Switzerland, Belgium,
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 02 June 2017
As part of the Customer and Logistics Services EMEA organization and in line with the strategic objective to achieve enterprise-wide alignment and governance processes for transportation, for the EMEA region; the CLS Transportation Team - EMEA has been introduced. The CLS Transportation - EMEA is taking up the responsibility for transportation for the 3 sectors within J&J: Consumer, Pharma (Janssen) and MD.
As part of this team there are 4 direct pillars
- Strategic Sourcing & Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Transportation Operations
- Trade Compliance
- Transportation Technology, Analytics & Business Processes
The Trade Compliance Manager as member of the Trade Compliance pillar will liaise with the JnJ Global Trade Compliance team to ensure that all regional compliance processes and programs are aligned with the corporate vision and strategy.
He or she will take accountability and on-board J&J importing and exporting companies onto J&J s Global Trade Compliance Program, including design of processes and implementation of GTM tools.
She or he will act as go-to person for several J&J companies (internal customers) and will act as contact towards Customs and alike Governmental Agencies.
He or she will work together with team members to develop guidance on import and export procedures for EMEA physical goods flows. Understand and interpret relevant import/export regulations and establish & maintain a Trade Compliance Library/Portal. He or she will manage EMEA Trade Compliance data -- KPIs, Metrics, and dashboards.
- Develop & deploy customs and trade compliance strategies, including export control, for CLS EMEA
- Liaise and collaborate with the Global Trade compliance team to complete and implement global Trade Compliance Standards, processes and tools ensuring regional requirements are represented where appropriate.
- Ensure data integrity with regard to Customs documentation, product classification, country of origin, valuation, and export controls
- Processes & Training
- Implement and document best practices
- Advise on and provide targeted support on trade compliance aspects of supply chain, logistics, or transport operations projects.
- Provide input on the Customs implications of various programs, co-operate with Tax centers of excellence and compliance groups within J&J
- Provide support in dealing with Customs or other regulatory agencies, license applications, blocked shipments, etc.
- Identify current & upcoming regulations relevant to JnJ EMEA stakeholders
- Assess & maintain JnJ compliance with EMEA import/export regulations
- Validate with internal & external stakeholders whether JnJ Service Providers are compliant with such regulations; advise & report cases of non-compliance
- Liaise with external bodies (e.g. regulatory agencies, Customs authorities) and internal stakeholders (e.g. VAT group) where appropriate to verify, validate, and understand the details of applicable regulations
Knowledge and Skills
- Subject matter expert within the functional area of Trade Compliance with 5 to 10 years experience
- Change agent, strong project management competencies
- Experience with international trade flows and import/export documentation covering Europe, Middle East, US, and Switzerland
- Experienced in customs brokerage activities
- Export and US re-export control regulations
- Experience and/or training in some of the following areas of competence:
- Incoterms 2010
- World Customs Organization
- World Trade Organization
- Export Controls - EAR (Export Administration Regulations), ITAR (Intl Traffic in Arms Regulations, FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act)
- Customs Valuation agreement
- Country of Origin
- Customer oriented and has a pro-active attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to partner with and influence others without direct authority; build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different organizations.
- Ability to manage complexity and change
- Process oriented mindset (process excellence) and able to manage complexity and change.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Zug-Zug, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Diegem
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Beerse, Belgium Zug, Switzerland Capital Region, Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates