Manager, Technical Specialists (Hamburg, Germany area) - Germany
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Manager, Technical Specialists for our Microbial Solutions division. The position will be located in the Hamburg, Germany area and surrounding territory.
Summary of Position:
Manage and develop In Vitro field technical service and support strategies to meet the goals of the division, to include organizing all technical service and support, product training and technical service sales plans. Coordinate the introduction of products and services to the sales staff and lead technical development for successful market penetration.
- Manage field technical specialist team to ensure the business is providing all technical support in a thorough and timely manner.
- Formulate short and long term planning to develop technical support strategies; work with sales and marketing to meet these goals.
- Develop strategies for managing growth of the service business.
- Support the scientific/technical needs of the business through: leading technical training, contributing to technical literature, managing methods development and designing technical support tools.
- Work closely with sales, quality, manufacturing and R&D to ensure new and existing products meet the needs of the customer.
- Work closely with in house technical group to harmonize troubleshooting and customer support.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of product concepts and new or enhanced service offerings using input from customers and sales managers.
- Coordinate all product training for new hires.
- Coordinate training for sales team for all new and existing products and services.
- Visit external customers in order to have understanding of their needs and expectations. Support customers with technical information and data as needed.
- Manage activities of assigned group(s) to ensure optimum performance of the group/function.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Assist in the development of short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- Assist in the development and recommendation of departmental budget and authorize expenditures.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of departmental training programs, including orientation.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].Support and affirm the company policy of equal employment opportunity through Affirmative Action.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
What You Will Receive:
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Opportunity for growth within the Sales/Service group and Charles River
- Competitive compensation package with excellent benefits
- Tight-knit team environment within a forward-thinking organization
Minimum Requirements related to the Manager, Technical Specialists position:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a scientific field or related discipline.
- Experience: 4-6 years related experience in related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: None
About Microbial Solutions
Our Microbial Solutions business group has a comprehensive portfolio of endotoxin testing, microbial detection and microbial identification products and services is unlike any other, and has been purposefully designed to meet the complex and ever-changing needs of the industry. We help clients to ensure product safety and quality with easy-to-use yet robust testing solutions that satisfy regulatory requirements, support critical decision making and improve operational efficiencies.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity