Manager Technical Specialists - Germany
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global provider of solutions that advance the drug discovery and development process.
- Our leading-edge products and services are designed to enable our clients to bring drugs to market faster and more efficiently.
- These products and services are organized into three categories spanning every step of the drug development pipeline:
- Research Models and Services, Preclinical Services, and Clinical Services.
- Our customers include all of the global pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as government agencies, leading hospitals and academic institutions.
- Our company’s 10,000 employees serve clients in more than 50 countries.
- Manage field technical specialist team to ensure the business is providing all technical support in a thorough and timely manner.
- Formulate short and long term planning to develop technical support strategies; work with sales and marketing to meet these goals.
- Develop strategies for managing growth of the service business.
- Support the scientific/technical needs of the business through: leading technical training, contributing to technical literature, managing methods development and designing technical support tools.
- Work closely with sales, quality, manufacturing and R&D to ensure new and existing products meet the needs of the customer.
- Work closely with in house technical group to harmonize troubleshooting and customer support.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of product concepts and new or enhanced service offerings using input from customers and sales managers.
- Coordinate all product training for new hires.
- Coordinate training for sales team for all new and existing products and services.
- Visit external customers in order to have understanding of their needs and expectations. Support customers with technical information and data as needed.
- Manage activities of assigned group(s) to ensure optimum performance of the group/function.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Assist in the development of short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- Assist in the development and recommendation of departmental budget and authorize expenditures.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of departmental training programs, including orientation.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
- Support and affirm the company policy of equal employment opportunity through Affirmative Action.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a scientific field or related discipline.
- 4-6 years related experience in related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Must regularly operate a computer and occasionally operate other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must regularly communicate with employees/customers; must be able to exchange accurate information.
General office working conditions; the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.