Manager, Supply Process & System Job - Singapore
Overall Job Scope
- Accountable for the end to end performance of Processes including demand planning, replenishment planning, inventory management, order management, intercompany and triangle trade, Optimized Product Availability (OPA), divisional SCM processes for Volume Planning, Value Chain Management and global network demand and supply balance – may include particular focus on regions as performance indicators dictate.
- Support installation of competitive (world class) end-to-end supply chain processes and standard work – linked to the global process templates, but adapted for regional needs and regional unique business processes
- Deliver broad supply chain training curriculum to continue to bring and broaden skills in all levels of planning (Demand, Supply, Network, Site, Order Management, Logistics). Participate as expert in various cross functional teams to drive continuous improvement and to help solve regional and global process performance.
Supply Process & System SME
- Facilitates and collaborate with divisional and/or cross functional teams (regional or global) in the tactical and technical planning process design and installation – leveraging SAP, broad industry best practice & benchmarking, MSD Product System principles.
- Responsible for Process Performance Metrics and continuous improvement of Supply Chain Management processes. Works with external suppliers and customers as needed to facilitate process connections with MSD.
- Ensure that SCM processes plan are continuously driving inventories to policy levels, driving cost and waste out of the system, managing a balance between cost to serve, inventory and service levels
- Ensure processes are in place such that planning-dependent data used for Global Planning is current and available including inventory transactions, item masters, bills of material, routings, run rates, set-up times, work center availability, etc.
- Continuously improve and innovate the Supply Chain elements of the Global and Regional Sales and Operations planning process.
- Collect, prepare and report key business process performance data, help investigate process failure, identify root causes, deliver and install improvements/solutions globally and regionally
- Ensures linkages with other divisional or cross functional processes (for example IDST’s, New Products Launch, FBM, OtC, etc)
- Deliver change impacts, develop training programs and supporting materials to ensure that the Super-users are up-to-date with the latest compliance requirements and any new enhancements that impacts the SCM process
- Champion and drive standardization of SCM processes regionally
- Develop standard operating procedures while promoting industry best practices
- Support Internal and External Audits
- Responsible to improve efficiency and reliability
- Responsible to participate in improvement project and actively generate ideas
- Ensures both operational knowledge and technical skills are maintained and compliant against individual training requirements
- Possess Leadership qualities to lead & drive change impact activities with cross functional teams.
- Build and broaden skills within Super-users community by leveraging and benchmarking best practices.
- Act with candor and courage: Encourage behavior within cross functional/divisional team to drive operational excellence
- Build inclusive behaviors with team, eg. Listen as an Ally, Lean into Discomfort and work for common good and shared success.
- Ensure and manage a balance between cost to serve, inventory and service levels
- Avoid financial loss by minimizing discard cost
- Establish proper allocation of inventory risk at different supply chain nodes and item class level.
- Review product expiration and ensure product movement beyond expiration.
- Select cost effective and efficient transportation routing and modes.
Quality / SHE Stewardship
Safety, Health and Environment
- Demonstrates and promotes SHE leadership behaviours and engages employees at all levels on SHE issues
- Participates in incident investigations and audits as required and ensures required actions implemented
- Ensures that all daily activities are carried out in accordance with SHE requirements
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification highly desirable
- Minimum 8 years of related experience in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing environment or related production industry experience required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- PC skills, including: MS Office, Word, Excel, Visio
- Related experience in managing with multiple planning (ERP) systems and interfaces
- Related experience in metric reporting environment
- Green Belt certified Sigma/LEAN operational excellence experience is highly preferred. (Black Belt a plus)
Leadership, Professional and Functional Competencies
- Ability to drive result, continuous improvement through Lean methodology, set clear performance standards and overcome challenges
- Actively listen and work together to achieve common goals
- Deep functional expertise in Supply Chain Management, Order Management, Commercialization and Operations to optimize delivery of value to the brand and customer via the supply chain.
- Ability to link Performance Metrics, continuous improvement, network optimization and master data in continuous improvement processes with various stakeholders, regional and global
- Ability to design and install SCM, Order Management processes, linked with IT solutions/capabilities for sites, markets, regions.
- Broad knowledge of MSD and external manufacturing networks and capabilities, including competitor intelligence. Ability to apply knowledge to enhance brand strategy and execution. Specific regional market knowledge is highly desired (e.g. China, India, Japan for AP)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with Divisional and Cross Functional team to optimize the supply chains for MSD. Heavily matrixed role.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and security of all sensitive information.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and divisional policies/guidelines, especially document control, record management, training administration
- Working knowledge of planning software and system interfaces
- Working knowledge of SAP APO and ECC is a must.
- APICS certified
Other Personal Attributes:
- A strong team player with excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to operate in a matrix environment
- Strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Keen driver for process improvement
- Deep understanding of Business dynamics and Supply Chain
- Excellent attention to detail.
Job: Supply Chain Mgmnt Generic Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Supply Chain Management
Primary Location: APAC-SG-Singapore-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Supply, Curriculum, ERP, Lean Six Sigma, Manager, Operations, Education, Technology, Management