You will be part of the larger corporate mission of bringing medicines to patients with unmet medical needs every day. In this key role as a Supplier Performance Management (SPM) Manager supporting Discovery Research and Translational Sciences functions, you will come in to help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our operational goals by executing the supplier management strategy. Our scale is global and supports all of our Research sites around the world. Please join an outstanding team that delivers for our stakeholders!
You will be responsible for executing the functional strategy within our early portfolio research services; one of your main focuses will be to efficiently execute key supplier management strategies with the function as well as identify opportunities for improving the process and tools. To achieve this, the manager is a creative problem solver who is able to deliver meaningful results that keenly drive productivity and efficiency. Some of the position’s key responsibilities include participating in the following procurement activities:
• Develop effective supplier performance management strategies in the assigned categories with the functions
-Establish fit for purpose support model with the functions to ensure smooth execution of contracted deliverables
• Develop and maintain Supplier Key Performance Indicators, monitor metrics and escalate issues as appropriate
• Use and familiarity with a variety of tools such as SharePoint, document management systems, planning systems (eg. Planisware)
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen.
Master’s degree 3 years of scientific experience
OR Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of scientific experience
Degree in Pharmacology, Biological, or Life sciences
Experience in academic, or contract research laboratories
Familiarity with scientific terminology
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and navigating the matrix
Working knowledge of document management applications and study planning tools (eg. Planisware, Documentum, etc)
Familiarity with software such as LIMS, Microsoft Access, SPSS, SigmaPlot, Tableau, Smartsheet, etc.
Proven project management experience
Fluency in English, both in written and oral communication
Excellent user of Office Programs as Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Specialized knowledge and functional expertise of specific R&D function, particularly Discovery Research
Some other key things we want to know about you:
• You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself, your managers, and associates and meet it.
• You are obsessed with customer experience and understand the importance of working in a business environment
• You are flexible to work on any type of assignment and prioritize accordingly
• You have an eye for efficiency and bring experience identifying process improvement recommendations using data-driven techniques (performance metrics or Lean techniques).
• When given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
• You enjoy working with numbers and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
• You volunteer to participate in key project initiatives and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of executing well.
• You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.