Manager, Supplier Contracting Services - Belgium, Switzerland
- We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Employees of our company work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Our company is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
- The Manager, Supplier Contracting Services is responsible for managing the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature, including interfacing with the business partner (internal and external customers) for such activities at initial proposal discussion and Q&A for highly complex agreement types.
- In addition, this role is responsible for performing review of contract requests, gathering any additional required information, choosing and populating appropriate templates, driving supplier negotiations, managing red lines/contract draft versions, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures in processing contract requests and engaging the appropriate support as needed.
- The Manager, Supplier Contracting Services will develop strong, value-added working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers and demonstrate sound management of assigned contracts.
- The types of contracts they will process include (but are not limited to) Master Services Agreements, consulting agreements, product supply agreements, confidentiality agreements, certain licensing agreements and other general and HCC related agreements.
- The engagements will have financial impact that range from several thousand to several million dollars.
- This individual will put together recommendations prior to these being elevated to the Law Department.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert within team, and with cross functional stakeholders
- Develops and delivers training for the team, and cross functional stakeholders
- Mentors other team members
- Managing the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature for medium to very complex agreement types
- Identifying and Implementing Continuous Improvement Activities
- Leading, managing, and or participating in various projects to help better the overall Supplier Contracting Services
- The Manager, Supplier Contracting Services will participate in decision making exercises as well as manage and prioritize a high volume of complex business matters in a highly matrixed and team oriented environment. They will also provide SME escalation support as needed and expertise to business partners and associated teams.
- Our new Manager, Supplier Contracting Services will demonstrate a sound understanding of the contract preparation, review and negotiation process.
- They will collaborate with Contract Attorneys, Procurement, HCC, Finance, and other support organizations in order to accomplish this task.
- As Manager, Supplier Contracting Services you will assist in establishing, maintaining, and training on processes for contract review and approval and other internal audit and HCC requirements.
- The Manager, Supplier Contracting Services may also assist in developing business strategic initiatives, implementing process improvements and identifying solutions that resolve long cycle times as well as deviations to policies and associated activities.
- This position may also be responsible for developing and / or supporting appropriate performance metrics for the team.
- Our new Manager, Supplier Contracting Services should possess strong team work skills such as relationship management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, problem solving and organizational skills. They must be able to lead and manage cross functional teams.
- Additionally they should be able to provide consultation and negotiation support to business partners. This individual should possess a working knowledge of company business and subject matter, as well as an understanding of business requirements and their impact on contract terms & conditions.
- Good problem solving ability and administrative skills are required.
- Basic contract formation, preparation, review and negotiation skills are required. The ability to interpret basic contract provisions and determine acceptability consistent with company policy is required. Skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are required. PowerPoint skills are preferred.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to quickly and positively influence others is required.
- A proven ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers is required. The ability to coach and train others on contracting is required.
- The ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making with little input from manager is required.
- A bachelor's degree or Paralegal certificate
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Commercial Contracting, sourcing or related business experience is required OR a minimum of 9 years of related business experience for those without a bachelor's degree is required.
- Juris Doctorate desired.
- English proficiency both oral and written is required
- German proficiency both oral and written is required for Switzerland
- Italian language skills are a plus for Switzerland
- Dutch and/or French language skills are considered a strong plus for Belgium
- Experience in negotiating agreements with suppliers is required.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry and contract management certification is preferred.
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset.
- We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.