Manager, Supplier Contracting Services - Belgium
Johnson & Johnson (company)
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
This role is responsible for managing the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature. As such, this role is responsible for performing the review of contract requests, gathering any additional required information, choosing and populating appropriate templates, driving supplier negotiations on legal T&Cs, managing redlines/contract draft versions, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures in processing contract requests and engaging the appropriate support as needed.
In case of required escalation to Law Department or other SMEs, this role will put together and discuss recommendations for resolution.
This individual will develop strong, value-added working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers and demonstrate sound management of assigned contracts. The types of contracts they will process include (but are not limited to) Master Services Agreements, consulting agreements, product supply agreements, confidentiality agreements, certain licensing agreements and other general and HCC related agreements. The engagements will have financial impact that range from several thousand to several million dollars.
- Managing the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature for complex agreement types
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert within team, and with cross functional stakeholders
- Develops and delivers training for the team, and cross functional stakeholders
- Mentors/coaches other team members
- Identifying and Implementing Continuous Improvement Activities
- Leading, managing, and or participating in various projects to help better Supplier Contracting Services
Other Duties & Responsibilities
This individual will participate in decision making exercises as well as manage and prioritize a high volume of complex contract requests in a highly matrixed and team oriented environment. They will also provide SME escalation support as needed and expertise to business partners and associated teams. This individual will demonstrate an advanced understanding of the contract drafting, review and negotiation process. They will collaborate with Contract Attorneys, Procurement, HCC, Finance, and other internal functions in order to accomplish this task.
They will assist in establishing, maintaining, and training on processes for contract review, approval and executions.
This individual will also assist in developing business strategic initiatives, identifying and implementing process improvements and other solutions that resolve long cycle times as well as deviations to policies and associated activities.
This individual should possess strong team work, relationship management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, problem solving and organizational skills. They must be able to influence without direct authority both stakeholders and immediate colleagues. Additionally, they should be able to provide consultation and negotiation leadership to business partners and sourcing.
This individual should possess a working knowledge of company business and subject matter, as well as an understanding of business requirements and their impact on contract terms & conditions. Good problem solving ability and administrative skills are required.
Advanced contract drafting, preparation, review and negotiation skills are required. The ability to interpret contract provisions and determine acceptability consistent with company policy is required. Skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are required. PowerPoint skills are preferred. Superior communication skills with the ability to quickly and positively influence others is required. A proven ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers is required. The ability to coach and train others of all abilities on contracting matters and principles is required. The ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making with little input from manager is required.
- BS and/or Paralegal or 9 years of related business experience for those without a bachelor's degree is required
- +5 years of relevant experience required in Commercial Contracting, sourcing or related business experience
- Advanced understanding of the contract authoring process and language
- Advanced understanding of contract language for pharmaceutical R&D
- Relationship management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, problem solving and organizational skills
- Use of all MS Office Tools
- Sound understanding of the Healthcare environment (HCC, Pharmacovigilence, etc)
- Languages: English & Dutch – French is a plus
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)