This job is currently Archived,
Manager, Supplier Contracting Services - Belgium
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 10 April 2017
- This role is responsible for managing the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature, including interfacing with the business partner (internal and external customers) for such activities at initial proposal discussion and Q&A for highly complex agreement types.
- In addition, this role is responsible for performing review of contract requests, gathering any additional required information, choosing and populating appropriate templates, driving supplier negotiations, managing red lines/contract draft versions, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures in processing contract requests and engaging the appropriate support as needed.
- This individual will develop strong, value-added working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers and demonstrate sound management of assigned contracts.
- The types of contracts they will process include (but are not limited to) Master Services Agreements, consulting agreements, product supply agreements, confidentiality agreements, certain licensing agreements and other general and HCC related agreements.
- The engagements will have financial impact that range from several thousand to several million dollars.
- This individual will put together recommendations prior to these being elevated to the Law Department.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert within team, and with cross functional stakeholders
- Develops and delivers training for the team, and cross functional stakeholders
- Mentors other team members
- Managing the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature for medium to very complex agreement types
- Identifying and Implementing Continuous Improvement Activities
- Leading, managing, and or participating in various projects to help better the overall Supplier Contracting Services
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- This individual will participate in decision making exercises as well as manage and prioritize a high volume of complex business matters in a highly matrixed and team oriented environment.
- They will also provide SME escalation support as needed and expertise to business partners and associated teams.
- This individual will demonstrate a sound understanding of the contract preparation, review and negotiation process.
- They will collaborate with Contract Attorneys, Procurement, HCC, Finance, and other support organizations in order to accomplish this task.
- They will assist in establishing, maintaining, and training on processes for contract review and approval and other internal audit and HCC requirements.
- This individual may also assist in developing business strategic initiatives, implementing process improvements and identifying solutions that resolve long cycle times as well as deviations to policies and associated activities.
- This position may also be responsible for developing and / or supporting appropriate performance metrics for the team.
- This individual should possess strong team work skills such as relationship management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, problem solving and organizational skills.
- They must be able to lead and manage cross functional teams.
- Additionally, they should be able to provide consultation and negotiation support to business partners.
- This individual should possess a working knowledge of company business and subject matter, as well as an understanding of business requirements and their impact on contract terms & conditions. Good problem solving ability and administrative skills are required.
- Basic contract formation, preparation, review and negotiation skills are required.
- The ability to interpret basic contract provisions and determine acceptability consistent with company policy is required. Skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are required.
- PowerPoint skills are preferred. Superior communication skills with the ability to quickly and positively influence others is required.
- A proven ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers is required.
- The ability to coach and train others on contracting is required.
- The ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making with little input from manager is required.
- Required Minimum Education: BS and/or Paralegal or 9 years of related business experience for those without a bachelor's degree is required
- Required Years of Related Experience: 5 years
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Uncompromised requirements for the role):
- Use of all MS Office Tools
Travel on the Job
10% of domestic travel required
- Preferred Minimum Education: BS and/or Paralegal or JD
- Preferred Area of Study: Procurement, Contract Law, Finance or Commercial business
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A bachelor's degree or Paralegal certificate with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Commercial Contracting, sourcing or related business experience is required OR a minimum of 9 years of related business experience for those without a bachelor's degree is required.
- Juris Doctorate desired.
- Experience in negotiating agreements with suppliers is required.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry and contract management certification is preferred.
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future