This job is currently Archived,
Manager - Strategic Pricing United States,
Novo Nordisk (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- This position is responsible for managing the entire deal evaluation/development process from contract inception through final approval.
- This includes the strategic assessment, deal structure, analysis, forecasting and reporting of contract profitability of customer segments (e.g., Managed Care, Non-Federal Hospitals, Long-Term Care, Medicare Part D, Medicaid (FFS & MM), Exchanges and Federal), including Diabetes, Biopharmaceutical and hormone therapy products.
The position reports to the Director, Strategic Pricing. The individual will partner and work closely with a number of internal and external functions within NNI including; Brand Teams; Sr. Director, PCOR; Sr. Manager, Pricing Insights; Sr. Manager, Strategic Pricing; Contract Management & Compliance Team; Government Pricing Team; MM Sales (VP, Area Directors and Account Executives); Managed Markets Strategy; Pricing Committee and to a lesser degree Forecasting; Health Economics; FP&A; Legal; Commercial Effectiveness.
- Assists in the development of tactics for remediation of under-performing contracts.
- Builds trusting, collaborative relationship and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization.
- Contributes to continuous improvement of methodologies by measuring forecast versus actual results and benchmarking against industry best-practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of internal business operations and applies this knowledge to analyses, processes and deliverables.
- Manages the development and implementation of a contract performance evaluation process to quantify the profitability of new/existing contracts for in-line products.
- Markets Strategy. Structures all offers with respect to the development of financial analytics and profitability metrics.
- Oversees business and analytical expertise in the development of tools and methods that will result in more accurate customer profitability assessment and decision-making.
- Oversees contract profitability forecasts. Disseminates to PCOR, MM Sales, Brand Teams & MM Strategy providing interpretation, analysis and recommendations as required.
- Oversees preparation of all Pricing Committee business cases and financial analyses.
- Owns the deal evaluation process to support implementation of Managed
- Participates in all pre-Pricing Committee meetings and leads the review of financial impact scenarios.
- Partners and collaborates with the Contract & Compliance Team to ensure all Terms & Conditions align with anticipated deal structure.
- Partners and works closely with the Director, Strategic Pricing, Channel Directors and Account Directors/Executives to finalize all proposals for key stakeholders.
- Partners and works with Sr. Manager, Pricing Insights to compile, communicate and forecast all contracting events impacting the company forecast (rebate and volume).
- Provides regular updates for Brand Teams and Senior Management on contract performance issues, including over- and under-performing contracts.
- Responsible for staying current on pricing, regulatory guidelines, market trends, and competitive activity, and provides information to internal customers, including Brand Teams, MM Strategy and Senior Management.
- Trains and mentors new team members in the areas of systems, processes, analytic models and presentations.
- Understands competitive dynamics to identify key opportunities and threats, and incorporates into strategies and plans.
- Works closely with Channel Strategy Directors to ensure all offers align with all aspects of approved channel strategies.
- A Bachelor s Degree required; degree in Business preferred. Advanced degree preferred preferably a MBA.
- A strong level of analytical, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills.
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and other key platforms.
- Ability to deliver message and presentations in a clear, confident manner.
- Ability to interact and manage multiple internal relationships at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage and influence to ensure business objectives are met.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of pricing, contracting, forecasting, and/or portfolio analysis required; pharmaceutical experience preferred. Prior management experience helpful.
US Plainsboro NJ
Find a Job Find Candidates