Manager, Strategic Innovation - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Medication Management Solutions (MMS) business is a $2B global business, with leading share in Med Management Automation and IV Delivery technology throughout Acute Care Hospitals, Non-Acute Care, and Retail Pharmacies.
- Its primary focus is optimizing the medication use process and ensuring patient safety through a portfolio of medical devices, software, analytics, & integrated services.
- We are looking for an intellectually curious and self-driven strategic marketer to support the exploration of new areas of growth for the organization.
- This individual will support the Search for new opportunities, the Synthesis of opportunities into business cases, and Select opportunities to advance into development.
- This individual will drive cross-functional evaluation of growth opportunities to identify/validate the underlying unmet needs, evaluate market size and optimal segmentation, assess customer willingness-to-pay and adoption, and evaluate possible buy/build/partner scenarios.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Opportunity Sensing
- Opportunity Assessment and Concept Development
- Strategy Development
- Early-Stage Portfolio Management
- Develop strategic frameworks and filters that identify spaces of interest for the business, leading to identification of “Radical, Disruptive, and Architectural” opportunities.
- Define and size spaces of interest, leveraging available secondary & primary sources.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the global healthcare environment, trends, competitive landscape, & customer base.
- Identify resources, develop external relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, and attend conferences to validate and prioritize new transformative growth opportunities.
Opportunity Assessment & Concept Development
- Conduct market research efforts to uncover and assess customer needs for specific opportunities, including voice of customer research and market research studies.
- Identify and prioritize unmet needs, taking into consideration the competitive environment.
- Work with technical teams for concept creation, and determine the concept viability in the target segment and market.
- Support concept creation with external innovation partners.
- Initial market development and market shaping needs assessment
- Create business cases that consolidate unmet needs, market size and optimal segmentation, customer willing-to-pay and adoption, and potential hurdles into clear, concise recommendations
- Assess available paths forward (buy/build/partner) for prioritized opportunities, and when required, support M&A due diligence
Early-Stage Portfolio Management
- Maintain and update the portfolio of all early-stage opportunities in Strategic Innovation, providing periodic reports to the business on status, decisions, and next steps.
- Ensure required stage-gate deliverables are complete as opportunities advance, and that stage-gate meetings are scheduled, with pre-read materials provided in advance.
- Understanding of IP opportunity, licensing, FTO, and technology assessment
Primary skills require for functional success
- Strong background in strategic marketing with proven experience in business case development, (identifying unmet needs, sizing opportunities, and developing concepts).
- Demonstrate agility and action orientation when dealing with ambiguity and the unknown.
- Bring new learnings and insights into the organization, and prototype those new concepts constantly.
- Passion for evangelizing new opportunities and concepts through actionable written/in-person deliverables.
- Build formal and informal communication channels amongst strategic innovation peers to share, collaborate, and create new opportunities for the organization.
- Confidence in interacting with all levels of functional leadership, transforming the way the company views the future of the product & its potential to impact medication use.
- B.A. required, MBA preferred
- 6+ years’ experience in Healthcare, Medical Tech, or HIT Preferred.
- Strategy Consulting background, or Early-stage Innovation / incubator experience.
- Expert level proficiency in MS Office required.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Intellectually curious, self-starter.