This job is currently Archived,
Manager, Standards & Governance - Switzerland
Posted on : 07 June 2017
- The Standards and Governance Manager is responsible for driving governance and implementation of local business processes at the Affiliate level.
- He/She is playing a key role in operationalizing the local business processes that support the implementation of the Corporate Compliance Program, working in close partnership with the designated Corporate Compliance Officer (CO) and local business departments.
- He/She focuses on business process conception, implementation and enhancement, strategic advice on continuous improvement of the supporting processes, SOPs and Work Instructions supporting the Corporate Compliance Program through ongoing consulting, feedback and monitoring, training on local processes as warranted, strategic and operational support to the Affiliate on matters related to Corporate Compliance SOP/Policy implementation, and coordination of the local approach to audit remediation and risk management design.
- The Standards and Governance Manager reports to the Managing Director.
- Collaborate with CO in implementing localized Compliance Program, including Policies & SOPs
- Operational maintenance of localized Compliance Program elements
- Design, review, evaluate and optimize Affiliate processes on a regular basis
- Create adequate training material and act as trainer on localized Compliance related SOPs and business processes in collaboration with CO; provide training in accordance with agreed upon training plan
- Compliance Program Risk Monitoring and Risk Assessment
- Raising awareness about and institutionalize Governance and Compliance
- Support of Internal and External Audits
- Min. 5 years’ experience in similar role (ideally pharma/ biotech industries)
- Knowledge of Healthcare Compliance Program requirements or experience in other defined governance roles (Audit, GxP)
- Experience with policy and procedure drafting and management
- Expertise in steering, coordination and improvement of procedures & processes
- Good understanding of common business processes
- Competence and seniority to design and manage process implementation, complex projects and change management
- Data driven and attention to detail
- Process management, project/program management skills
- Excellent and professional communication skills
- Ethical and integrity-driven approach and objectivity
- Ability to manage independently within the matrix
Minimum a bachelor degree, Master’s degree would preferred (Business Administration, Legal, Life Science, etc.)
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Consulting, Drafting, Program Manager, Risk Management, Science, Technology, Engineering, Finance, Management