Manager/Sr. Manager of BioAg Cell Banking and Automation - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Agriculture & Bioenergy, you will work across the agricultural value chain to provide biological solutions that help feed and fuel a growing world.
Manager/Sr. Manager for BioAg Microbial Physiology Automation and Cell Banking Dept., RTP NC
We are seeking a results-oriented individual with a passion for laboratory automation and microbiology to lead our BioAg Automation and Cell Banking team at our Research Triangle Park (Morrisville, NC) site.
You, and the team of researchers you supervise, will be responsible for high throughput, robotics-based cell banking and growth condition screening of thousands of strains spanning a wide breadth of bacterial and fungal diversity. Using custom databases, you will continually track quality parameters from these activities and drive process improvements or special projects to insure improved success in cell banking and thus in subsequent fermentation. You will secure that scientific approaches, and both knowledge capture and knowledge sharing are an integrated part of the daily workflow. As a member of the Microbial Physiology management team, you will actively participate in strategy setting for the area’s technical and organizational goals.
If you’re looking for a leadership opportunity in a technologically advanced fermentation based industry, you may be the leader we are searching for.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Microbiology, Chemical engineering, or related field.
- Experience with lab automation and cultivation of diverse microbes
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- A solid record of and interest in people management, with at least 4 years of experience managing a team of 5+ RA’s and Scientists.
- Experience effectively managing multiple projects with appropriate attention to detail and communicating project progress, deviations and results to stakeholders in a clear and timely fashion.
- Excellent communication skills to interact cross-functionally within Novozymes, providing technical expertise and resource insight.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Application deadline: April 20, 2017