Manager - SCM Execution (Malaysia) Job Petaling Jaya Malaysia,
This position is accountable for Demand & Supply Replenishment Planning as well as Distribution and Logistics (D&L) operations in MSD Malaysia. The incumbent will lead the SCM team based in Malaysia in managing product logistics including matters such as importation and compliance, liaison with Regional Hub, supplying sites, local logistics suppliers, third party logistics partners and internal customers, particularly the sales and marketing team. The incumbent will also be required to support daily business operations included but not limited to quotation to customers, tender administration, goods return and sample process. This role reports directly into the Director, Supply Chain Execution, South Asia.
Demand & Supply Replenishment Planning
- Drive monthly Sales & Operations Planning process by close collaboration with the SCM Singapore Lead
- Responsible in managing IQV & CORI process by regularly reviewing expired/expiring/damaged stock through IQV process and ensure physical timely write-off and destruction process with destruction certificate obtained for record keeping
- Drive continuous improvements with GHH business team and Centralized Demand Planner on demand forecasting and replenishment planning
- Drive the Inventory Management & Planning processes together with Business Units & SCM Optimization & Execution teams.
- Develop Inventory Management Targets in consultation with the local Franchise Leads & SCM Planners to ensure supply while optimizing inventory investment as ONE MSD.
- Sponsor and drive statistical demand forecasting process
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to provide essential support for product launches
- Support network transfer, divestiture, source change, GSBD projects and product life cycle management
- Sponsor local Tier meeting, escalate problems, including Temperature Excursion alarms and damages in a timely fashion to relevant process owners and/or to next Tier at Regional level for right and timely resolutions
Distribution & Logistics
- Lead all market Distribution & Logistics related activities in Malaysia to ensure optimal supply and distributions within the market.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, champion & sponsor process changes and projects to deliver service and add value to the business while aligning with the Supply Chain Management's Distribution Strategies.
- Develop local Logistics COE teams in managing Distributors and Logistics Service Providers with clearly defined local KPIs aligned with the Regional ones.
- Ensure compliance to Supply Chain Management guidelines on Distribution & Logistics, operating instructions, site policy and local legislation with local Governmental regulations & trade requirements
- Management of Trade Tariffs Duties and Taxes associated with all importation
- Represent MSD as One Face to appointed Logistics service providers, Distribution partners, Government agencies and external parties as appropriate
- Ensure management & reporting of OTIF/LIFR, 3PL Inventory Management Reconciliation, Backorder as well as Cycle Count.
- Ensure a robust process in managing Cold Chain Manager (CCM) and Thermal Protection System (TPS)
- Drive Continuous Improvement initiatives with 3PL on recycling, reuse of TPS and participate in OMT project discussion and provide input into annual budgeting
- Execute and follow through product Admin Hold as cascaded from Global and Regional Quality Team until issue is appropriately closed off
- Represent SCM and execute product recall if any while meeting requirements of regulatory, quality and authorities
- Facilitate any ad hoc projects such as product repackaging, outsourcing RFP etc. as they arise
- Coordinate inbound shipments, communicating with Regional HUB and supply sites to track stock movements
- Oversee import document retention and electronic document storage in line with MSD Global Trade Compliance and customs requirements
- Ensure Notifications of Insurance claims for inbound damaged product is submitted.
- Ensure shipping documents such as Consignment Note, CoA etc. are routed to respective service providers to ensure appropriate declaration and timely clearance
- Ensure spending for logistics partners and service providers are well managed and within plan. Set up, monitor and report KPI's for service functions. Hold Monthly Business Review (MBR) meetings with Zuellig and key service providers to keep track of progress, resolve any issues and look for improvement opportunities
Organizational Development, Financial Ownership
- Develop a competent local Supply Chain team to support the strategies of GHH while aligning with Regional Supply Chain Management Direction as part of the Darwin Global Operating Model (GOM)
- Build the skills and knowledge of the team and establish clear direction and performance targets for the team
- Ensure use of SCM metrics and reports in driving the right behaviors
- Work with Finance and Franchises on the Annual Profit Plan
- Ownership of D&L Spend to support these activities
- Manage SCM Country budget for Malaysia.
Relationship Management/GHH Collaboration
- Responsible in ensuring strong collaboration with GHH Business Units in order that we understand and meet the customer requirements on a continuous basis.
- Continue to work with GHH for a robust S&OP as a key enabler in supporting the business growth with gradual enhancement to the process in ensuring supply to the Patients.
- Promote a culture of innovation, constructive challenge, team spirit and accountability at the leadership level.
- Provide functional leadership and direction to a team of 3 SCM personnel
- Manage SCM budget for Malaysia
- Support Malaysia for the commercial revenue plans
- Support Country Key Product Launches
- Drive operational efficiency in IQV management to meet FG Discard budget
- Sponsor & drive Country S&OP with CLT & Functional Heads
- Sponsor Country Tier 2 process with right escalations to upper Tiers.
- Support Rapid Response (RR) Demand rollout together with DPs and sponsor the Change Management on how Planning is to be conducted at the Market level as part of Darwin GOM.
- Responsible in ensuring highest standards of Quality & Compliance
- Provide stability to any model or organizational change process.
- 3PL management (Operational & Strategic)
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management / Logistics
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in supply chain and distribution & logistics functional area in an MNC environment. Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Must possess end-to-end supply chain knowledge with deep expertise in Supply Chain Planning (Demand Forecasting and Inventory Planning) & Logistics Operations.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
PERSONAL & LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES:
- High ethical standard
- Conceptual thinking
- Drive results and manage projects on time, independent and willing to take ownership
- Sharp business acumen with strong negotiation, communication, organization, influencing and collaboration skills: able to communicate upwards and downwards in a matrix organization
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communications skills are essential with the ability to interact with people at all levels; demonstrating Inclusive Behaviors
- Strong Leadership capability and People management skill to lead the SCM Team
- Ability to translate strategies to actionable plans and excellent in execution
- Customer service focus and ability to establish good processes to serve
- Detail oriented.
- Willingness to lead and accept change
Job: Supply Chain Mgmnt Generic Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Supply Chain Management
Primary Location: APAC-MY-B-Petaling Jaya
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Law, Supply Chain Manager, Claims, ERP, Logistics, Legal, Operations, Technology, Insurance
Find a Job Find Candidates