Manager, Revenue Accounting (Temporary) - United States
- Journal entry preparation at month-end, including distributor fee/customer commission accruals, dispensing fees, deferred revenue, royalty receivable and payable accruals and other revenue and adjustments and reserves.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for revenue related receivables and liabilities accounts (related to JE’s above), including relevant analysis of variations and operational/business drivers.
- Accounts Receivable Trade management, including:
- Coordinate and lead monthly AR Trade meetings with 3PL and internal staff (commercial operations/Finance/Treasury). Distribute meeting notes coordinate resolution of open issues.
- Research AR aging items as identified in meeting above and as documented during AR Trade balance sheet reconciliation process. Re-apply transactions as necessary.
- Reconcile A/R Trade balance differences between BioMarin and the 3PL.
- Prepare and distribute monthly reports, including Consolidated A/R, the quarterly Finance patient report, sales by state report, summary royalty schedules and the sales cap report.
- Assist Associate Director, Revenue Accounting with quarterly revenue and reserve close schedule and ASC 605 accounting compliance items, including rebates/government discounts, returns, sales caps, pricing, royalties, the 3PL transaction audit and other.
- Review new executed customer contracts as executed and update contract log, as applicable. Prepare associated revenue recognition template review and submit to Associate Director, Revenue Accounting for review.
- Maintain Finance customer database (including customer contract information, pricing, service fees, etc.) and Sales Channel Rebates in Oracle.
- Provide necessary audit support and reporting at quarter-end to external auditors and to Finance reporting team for 10Q/10K preparation, as requested.
- Review sales product invoices to international customers and pro forma sales invoices.
- Review orders booked but not shipped at month-end in Oracle to confirm all applicable orders have been invoiced.
- Work on department-wide initiatives for the revenue accounting function.
- Perform ad hoc projects/tasks as requested by Associate Director, Revenue Accounting and others in the Finance department at BioMarin.
Minimum of three to five years in a corporate finance department, preferably in a public company environment.
- Experience with accounts receivable and revenue accounting (2-3 years preferred).
- Revenue guidance (GAAP) knowledge, including ASC-605.
- Experience working with Oracle (preferred) and/or SAP accounts receivable and general ledger modules.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at once, work under pressure, apply judgment and ask for aid in prioritizing as applicable required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to resolve issues required.
- Excellent interpersonal (written and verbal) communications skills with a demonstrated ability to work across functions & cultures, and interact with all levels of the organization required.
BS in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.