Manager, Receipt and Processing - China
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is looking for intelligent, creative and dedicated professionals to join our growing team.
- We are a company that values technical excellence, teamwork and a commitment to success.
- We employ cutting edge technology to provide our customers with industry leading solutions and are currently seeking to fill the position of Manager, Receipt and Processing to work out of our office.
The Manager, Receipt and Processing is responsible for leading local operations, ensuring quality and on-time delivery of image and cardiac receipt and processing activities. The incumbent ensures appropriate allocation and supervision of operations resources and the efficient completion of procedures in compliance with all applicable regulations and customer specific requirements. Ensures departmental productivity at assigned location(s) and identifies opportunities for greater departmental efficiencies and quality by:
- Assigning projects to staff, taking into consideration staff skill set and workload.
- Ensuring the quality and timeliness of data receipt and processing, and owning accountability for shortfalls in quality and backlogs of incoming data from global clinical sites.
- Evaluating and monitoring study progress and workload of staff to ensure projects are on time; affecting change when necessary.
- Implementing process improvements, workflow changes, and other initiatives at the assigned location(s), and ensuring appropriate and documented training of all staff involved.
- Interacting with various internal and external groups to facilitate successful project completion.
- Assisting in the management of departmental initiatives/special projects.
- Managing and reporting on day to day production goals; communicating production expectations.
- Assigning priorities taking into consideration staff skill set and client commitments.
- Maximizing utilization during periods of operational peaks and valleys; e.g., managing special projects in slow periods; recommending creative scheduling or work allocation in peak periods.
- Consulting with the Global Manager to forecast production requirements, addressing current issues and avoiding production delays.
Ensures continual process improvements within the team and development of staff by:
- Collaborating with staff and internal teams to identify areas of improvement and opportunities to automate, and recommending those processes to the Global Manager.
- Serving as liaison with technology to develop and implement new applications to streamline processes; assessing ROI and defining priorities of enhancements in coordination with the Global Manager.
- Developing and executing on an implementation plan for the introduction of new technology and tools.
- Creating training materials on new products/applications/processes when necessary.
- Coordinating and/or facilitating training for staff on new products/applications/processes.
Performs supervisory functions by:
- Communicating job expectations.
- Planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Coaching, counseling and disciplining staff.
- Initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Approving direct reports time sheets, requests for time off and/or overtime.
- Performing timely performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Coordinating and conducting new hire interviews; facilitating hiring decision.
- Processing data to support throughput objectives.
- Working with internal team members to resolve issues.
- Exploring new opportunities to add value to organization and departmental processes.
Assists team members by:
- Working on departmental initiatives.
- Training team members on departmental processes and documentation methods.
- Assisting team members with problem solving and troubleshooting issues.
- Creating training documentation.
- Preparing workflow documents.
- Maintaining workflow volume reports.
Maintains Technical and Industry Knowledge by:
- Attending and participating in applicable company-sponsored training.
- Bachelor’s degree life sciences or business preferred.
Additional skill set:
- Ability to work in group setting and independently; ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and orientation toward meticulous work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to project and maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- Knowledge of the drug development/clinical trials process/basic clinical research and/or experience working in a pharmaceutical environment preferred.
- Familiarity with PC-based computers and standard software packages including e-mail, word processors, spreadsheets and databases.
- Familiarity with network navigation and file saving conventions.