Are you looking for a challenge within a dynamic global organisation or a German family business? At B. Braun you can find both. For more than 175 years and counting, B. Braun is amongst the world's top healthcare companies operating in 64 countries, with over 55,000 experts networking their knowledge every day. You can thrive in this strong culture of continuous exchange. Become a part of the B. Braun family and share your expertise. Together we improve healthcare.
- Implement the organization's R&D strategy by managing research activities in order to solve problems; and improve, or generate new, products, components, equipment, systems, and processes.
- Manage the day to day activities of a team of researchers/engineers whose activities may include devising research/development/technical methods; setting-up laboratory test equipment; building models and prototypes; calculating and analyzing test results; preparing technical specifications; and designing prototypes.
- Lead complex or significant research projects; evaluate findings; and prepare detailed reports with recommendations and conclusions.
- Estimate the costs, resources, and time required to implement the organization's annual R&D goals and monitor the performance of research/development/ technical projects to ensure targets are met.
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with the external scientific community.
- Select, and manage ongoing relationships with suppliers and vendors (for example of scientific equipment) to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a research/development/technical team to ensure that research/development/technical activities are conducted within established budgets and according to established standards and procedures.
- Minimum a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science with extensive related working experience in R&D.
- Experience in medical industry would have an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge in fluid dynamics/flow and characteristics.
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 and FDA 21 CFR Part 820 would have an added advantage.